GM Inside News Forum banner

2015 Cadillac Escalade Hennessey HPE550 Boasts 557 HP

16K views 34 replies 26 participants last post by  Envoy4Life 
#1 ·
2015 Cadillac Escalade Hennessey HPE550 Boasts 557 HP
MotorTrend
April 23, 2014
By: Jason Udy

If the new 2015 Cadillac Escalade’s 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque aren't enough, Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) has a solution. The Texas-based tuner offers a supercharger for the Escalade’s 6.2-liter EcoTec3 V-8 that bumps power up to 557 hp and 542 lb-ft --increases of 32 percent and 18 percent, respectively, at just 6.0 psi of boost, according to Hennessey.

Performance upgrades include a high-flow supercharger and intercooler, HPE engine management calibration with dynamometer tune and road testing, and installation including required gaskets, fluids and hardware. Other pieces include serial-number plaques for the dash and engine compartment, Hennessey and HPE550 exterior badges, and embroidered Hennessy floor mats. Priced at $15,950, the upgrade includes installation and a 3-year/36,000-mile limited warranty.

Full article at link.

See less See more
#4 ·
Agreed. Even a detuned LT4-variant would make a huge difference in a truck like this. Of course, I'm willing to bet that Cadillac would probably charge more than the $15k premium being asked for by Hennessey for such an upgraded truck. And quite frankly, Hennessey's pricing for this upgrade is not ridiculous, given the target market and the improvement in HP and TQ.

#12 ·
It's only 6 psi of boost. That's about right. If you want more then you just need to change the pulley size. They like to limit the boost to make sure they have reliability. GM put's they're engines together with cast parts not forged so they can only take so much boost before bad things start happening. Then you have the transmission to worry about. I do not think they have upgraded that at all given the price of the package. If you bump up the power a lot then other things start breaking. I am sure if you want max power Hennessy will accommodate but be prepared to pay big bucks.

#10 ·
Yuck....but I've decided I am gonna lay off of the Escalade. Though I still hate it and think it is bad for Cadillac, I have to acknowledge that Cadillac needs the vehicle as a cash cow. If there is any possible way for all the things I want for Cadillac to happen then they need a vehicle that is cheap to make but can be sold for a high price. If the Escalade can help fund the ATS, CTS, LTS, Elmiraj, an exclusive assembly plant, Cadillac-only powertrains and platforms, plus a F1 racing program then I'm all for it! Even if it's just a Tahoe in a tux!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.