GM Inside News Forum banner

Is this the Turbo 2016 Chevy Camaro Convertible? [Spied]

7K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  free_energy0 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Is this the Turbo 2016 Chevy Camaro Convertible? [Spied]
TFLCar.com

TFLcar spies the top secret 2016 Chevy Camaro prototype. This test car has a very peculiar additional camouflage covering the entire roof. There was another sighting of the next generation Camaro without the roof cover. Could this be the Convertible?

#6 ·
A turbo-4 is a no-brainer really, pushing at least 270hp should move the car along quite nicely. It works well for the (possibly?) heavier ATS. Why wouldn't it work for a (lighter?) Camaro? Seems like Ford's 2.3L Ecoboost will fit well for the Mustang, when the old 4.6L modular was pushing between 225-280hp (depending on year), and 320~ for DOHC models. My, have times changed :D

#7 ·
I see two additional body lines one that runs to the hip and another below the door handle mid way up the door it ends before the big hip. I think the camo camaro(try saying that 3x straight) has a bland look on purpose and the boring renders are most definitely wrong. : )

#9 ·
There's a lot of real estate between the rear window and the rear of the side window. Also, there still appears to be camo hiding how tall the side windows are going to be. First reaction to the top pic was it does look smaller (tidier), but then its probably an optical illusion. Though I hope not.

#10 ·
Going to be awhile before we see the real deal. A report today from "USA Today:
"Chevy hasn't provided any teaser photos of the 2016 Camaro, and says it doesn't plan to unveil the car at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January. In fact, Chevy says, it hasn't decided where the next-gen car will make its debut."

Smells like late changes to the program.

#19 ·
Those were the cars we first saw spied, don't know why they think they're convertibles. That was just hiding the redesigned quarter windows and a slightly more fastbacked roof.

Yes, those wheels are very nice. :cool: They look like they're related to IROC rims. ;)

#21 ·
Just because its the interwebs and someone has to throw some gas on the fire: could they be hiding a new type of roof treatment, ala glass top or t-top??????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.