GM Inside News Forum banner

Some Other Concept Images Now That We've Seen It

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Swoopy Chisels 
#1 ·
Since we've finally seen the 6th gen enough to have at least some idea of what to expect, I'm gonna go ahead and share this thing I was "working" on. This is my 6th gen concept that I was planning to have finished before we had seen the actual car, and then I was going to have some fun with the internet, assuming I had managed to make a convincing enough car that looks like it belongs in the current Chevrolet family, and try and pass it off as the real deal. Ultimately, my "mood disorder" prevented me from caring enough about anything often enough to work on it at all. But I can at least say it was good practice for me, I learned a lot with the software I used, which was also some of the point for myself.

So what you see in the pictures are simply my "fleshing" out the idea, and it's clearly not complete, so it looks a mess. The last pic is what it looked like early on, more second gen-ish, I thought was a neat enough pic to include.

I hate that it's not finished, maybe I'll come back to it at some point (I won't). But, I've already moved on to something else to not finish.;)

Thanks for looking.

Link to the album of all pictures in case they don't show up.

See less See more
#3 ·
very crude but gets your point across very well. whilst the 599 meets camaro look is very nice, i feel this would have to be very properly executed (if it were to be) to avoid it from looking like a kit car. I would like to see some gen 3/4 inspiration rather than the swath of gen 2 designs I have seen. why do the obvious (from gm's standpoint) when they can do whatever theyd like with heritage designs? :D

that and I have a softspot for the 2001 as well as 1984 camaros.

#11 ·
This looks great, nice work.

I have to say that my favorite part is the hip detail. It isn't overly blocky and really integrates nicely with the rear roofline; unlike the current iteration which is way too heavy handed and lacks finesse.

I'm curious to see what you think the gen7 should look like.

-Chase

#12 ·
Tough to say, Chase. On the one hand I was trying to guess what the next gen could look like, so knowing the next gen would be an evolution I borrowed heavily from the current car as well as the Stingray. So if I were to go that route again for a 7th gen I would have to wait and see the current trends many years from now before trying to guess. On the other hand, starting from scratch could be fun too, but it likely wouldn't be as believable, which is part of the fun, to have something to reveal that could potentially be real and not just some wild, fantasy concept that everyone writes off easily.

Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.