Confirmed: 6th gen Camaro for MY 2016.

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Confirmed: 6th gen Camaro for MY 2016.

GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,011 Times in 510 Posts

Confirmed: 6th gen Camaro for MY 2016.

Our GMI sources have confirmed to us, that the 6th gen Camaro has already shown up within the GM product system as a 2016 MY. That means, it could get here as early as 36 months from now. The availability of Gen V 6.2L V8 is also confirmed.

Carry on.......
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'00 Ford Ranger

Re: Confirmed: 6th gen Camaro for MY 2016.

V8 ss?

Proud to drive American. Proud to drive GM.
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    4.2L Vortec 4200 I-6
    Airaid CAI, Gibson Catback Performance Exhaust

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Wow..thanks for the heads up. I have a feeling both you and I are going to agree this new 6th generation camaro with the 6.2 liter Gen 5 V8 is going to be a hell of a car.

I might even buy one!!!!!

Can't wait...keep up the great work on finding out details ..

We GM enthusiasts at GMI look forward to it.

Happy holidays..

JB

Thanks

36 months from now sounds a lot sooner than MY 2016.

All this makes me feel like I'm getting old...I still have stacks of brochures from when I was little of Chevy vehicles from the model year 2000.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
    V8 ss?
    We can only speculate about what the final line up might be. I know that Al Oppenheiser would like to see a Z/28 to go toe to toe with the Boss Mustang. I'm sure we'll see a V8 SS as the volume car though.

Would it be the end of the world if the SS had both an available V8 and standard turbo 4?
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

Thanks

I hope it's leaner and smaller than the current one.
    Buy American. Buy Ford. So say we all!

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Cruze LT

Just cut the damn weight....That's the only thing that is keeping the Mustang on top (performance wise)
    If GM could do that, Mustang could be in trouble for a long time.
    "What about that "best all-around subcompact car" business? Yeah, we're gonna say it: The Chevy Sonic – manual or auto – is just that. You heard it, Fiesta fanatics"

-Inside line.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chevypowa670 View Post
    Just cut the damn weight....That's the only thing that is keeping the Mustang on top (performance wise)

Keep in mind that the next gen Mustang will be reducing mass as well.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    Wow..thanks for the heads up. I have a feeling both you and I are going to agree this new 6th generation camaro with the 6.2 liter Gen 5 V8 is going to be a hell of a car.

I might even buy one!!!!!

Can't wait...keep up the great work on finding out details ..

We GM enthusiasts at GMI look forward to it.

Happy holidays..

JB
    Same to you JB. Well i hope iam still alive, i'll be 68. I will hold on to my 2010 Silver strick Camaro till the end.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 SIM EquinoxLTZ

Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post

Would it be the end of the world if the SS had both an available V8 and standard turbo 4?
    It might.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
    It might.
    I don't know, could be a good thing. The SS sub-brand is all about attainable performance and higher volume.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chevypowa670 View Post
    I think that argument leans too far toward the assumption that Ford won't be doing anything significant with the next gen Mustang, and all indications are that they are absolutely throwing the book at the next gen Mustang. That said, I was thinking something along the same lines but with a twist. Camaro has the momentum right now and should carry that into the next generation Mustang debut assuming that the ZL1 doesn't somehow go terribly wrong.

If all continues to go well and GM executes the next generation Camaro really well on top of that they could be in a position to really create a shift in the pony-car hierarchy if Ford screws up on the next generation car. Of course, if they botch it, the results could of course be bad for GM as well. Put simply GM is absolutely in a position to make a move here IMO, but I don't think simple weight reduction is going to cut it and I suspect they know that.

I think we are going to see A game efforts from both Ford and GM next go 'round, so much so that I think a lot of enthusiasts are going to be very surprised at those offerings, and I am personally very interested to see how they stack up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
    I think we are going to see A game efforts from both Ford and GM next go 'round, so much so that I think a lot of enthusiasts are going to be very surprised at those offerings, and I am personally very interested to see how they stack up.
    I think so too. With the condition GM was in before bankruptcy, it was virtually impossible to present a first class effort for the 5th gen. It was done essentially, on a shoestring. But if the 6th gen gets the same sort of serious focus that it's Alpha platform-mate, the ATS, is getting, it should be something great. And as you've mentioned, Ford is leaving no stone unturned as it seeks to drop mass and improve the next Mustang. Should be a good time for Pony Car enthusiasts.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Pontiac GTO M6

If the Mustang is going to an IRS next generation and the Camaro is going to Alpha, its going to be a wash on the weight.

Lets put it blunty, the Camaro sells because it looks good to the people who buy it. It matches its looks with a dang good performance to money ratio. The Mustang, although the better car when judged by pretty much everybody, is going on its 8th year with the same body essentially. While fast, the car just doesnt ooze pony/muscle car near as well as the Camaro. The sales are proving that. This year can be considered nothing short of a failure for the Mustang. They will be lucky to break 70k sales. Ford can keep updating the front clip as much as they want but the car still looks the same. If Ford wants to get back on top, give the car way better steering, more power under the curve and a little bit of feel in the clutch.
    Just that time again to ignore certain people. I'm certain they will continue to try and instigate and antagonize while throwing up their arms saying they did nothing but are here on a civil basis. Not worth the time seeing how some just seem to know all.

Thanks

All I know, is that we are in for a couple of awesome cars if both Ford and GM are putting as much time and effort into the next gen as we think they are.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information