GM Inside News Forum banner

2019 Chevy Camaro Spied For The First Time With Minor Changes

23K views 74 replies 27 participants last post by  bronx13 
#1 ·
2019 Chevy Camaro Spied For The First Time With Minor Changes
Motor1
APR 25, 2017
BY: JEFF PEREZ

The Chevy Camaro, relatively new as it may be, is already getting a fresh mid-cycle facelift for the 2019 model year. New spy shots give us our first look a the updated sports car in action on some public mountain roads in Colorado.

With plenty of added camouflage to hide its final design, the 2019 Camaro is distinguishable only by its side panels and roofline, which don’t get much in the way of updates over the outgoing model. From the A-pillar forward, the car is covered up completely, as is the rear. Though the overall shape will stay the same, the Camaro will get some necessary design updates to its front and rear fascia.
Not one to disappoint the performance enthusiasts, the SS and ZL1 could see minor power bumps. But more importantly, rumors suggest that the company will revive the iconic Z/28 moniker, which hasn’t been on the market since 2015. The new Z/28 will well exceed the 505-horsepower (376 kilowatts) offered on the outgoing model, and will most likely ditch the 7.0-liter V8.
More at link

See less See more
#4 ·
Don't be so quick to think the wing is gone. The wheels and tires are V6 1LE with what looks like SS Brembos. This could be the Turbo 4 1LE and refresh being worked on simultaneously.

People still pushing the Z/28? That thing is as good as dead. The Corvette glass ceiling will keep it dead.

#59 ·
I actually thought the front of the camaro was fine...its rear facia and 1994 Camry type rear spoiler bugged me...

Believe it or not...after the very cool gen 5 camaro had been on the market so long...I kind of grew tired of the styling of the side view and green house...

The mustang gt350 side view is sleeker...

I am hopeful after the corvette goes rear mid engine.,,the camaro can become a more sleek design from the side view...and hopefully GM will ditch those horrible looking 1994 Camry rear spoilers..

The rear bumper cover on the gen six was a loser too...

Maybe I'm being rough but the styling just didn't do it for me on the sixth gen camaro...technically awesome...stylistically too evolutionary...just not exciting...

I'm not a Ford guy but the gt350 styling I like...the ZL1 performance is way better...but that rear spoiler just kills it for me...and the greenhouse in the rear quarter just bores me...

Sorry but it's early and I'm just speaking my mind..

Anybody with a camaro..it's an awesome machine..and I dig them...

The performance achievement is amazing,,,

GM just had such success in sales of the fifth gen..orders came down....don't change it too much...

Well soft sales along with ridiculous pricing have probably or hopefully given the bosses enough of a nudge to make some drastic styling changes to wake sales the f up.

Camaros are slow selling rocks in showrooms these days because of the evolutionary styling...

It's putting customers to sleep..until they get behind the wheel....

But the msrp pricing is sending buyers to dodge dealers where scat packs and hellcats are tugging at their heart strings..for not a lot of coin.

#64 ·
I'm going to go against everyone here and say it needs to be a worse daily driver. Make tradeoffs in favor of sportiness, style, fun, affordability, and passion.

If we keep asking the car to do everything, it's going to keep getting bigger, fatter, and more expensive than it currently is. Before long, it will morph in to a $65k AWD 4500lb replacement to the Chevy SS sedan. That's no Camaro.

#65 · (Edited)
Part of me agrees. But some usability is not a bad thing. Our 3rd gens for example can be used on a daily basis. You can put one or two smaller humans in the backseat if you had to, in a pinch. You can pick up your dry cleaning or a weeks worth of groceries in it.They can actually be used as a primary means of transportation.

I know GM had some hard choices to make on interior space. The tight back seat and trunk were made that way in order to keep mass down within Alpha 1's packaging constraints. If I were calling the shots, I think I would have made the same decision.

But the claustrophobic feel of the ****pit, which turns so many prospective buyers off, was something GM willfully chose to do because of their design/marketing direction. Someone totally chose wrong there, and GM is now paying the price for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.