GM Inside News Forum banner

Video|2015 Z06 at Road Atlanta

4K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  ZombiesAreComing 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I would never grow tired of that sound.

Reactions: sfbreh
#8 ·
About seven days and I think the release of road and track various reviews release.....

The new z06 is an awesome machine for enthusiasts...

Great video and great sounds ...

#10 ·
80 to 85 percent of c7 z06 pre orders interestingly enough are for the 8L90 transmission....

I believe around 5000 total orders to date...about 800 for the m7 and 4000 for the A8....

Now that's been a big shocker to gm production....who I believe assumed production requirements closer to 50/50....

I have to say the 8L90 performance claims have many enthusiasts chomping at the bit for the actiual comparison performance testing of the A8 versus m7 z06

Is auto guide considering this track comparo to meet demand of this topic?

#13 ·
Fast autos are the present and future in performance cars. Why do yo think this gen Viper isn't selling that well. Ford should offer a dual clutch in the new GT350 too, it would sell really well.

Reactions: JBsZ06
#16 ·
I think whomever idea it was to put an Auto8 in the Z-Champ is a genius. Now there are going to be quite a few used C7 Z51's lightly used for sale closer to 55k than the 70k plus they sticker for. God bless America and our obsession with speed and scaring the crap out of ourselves. Racing a Z06/Z07 must be a religious experience with all the adrenaline and fear and confronting it and going pedal to the floor through the twisty's.

#22 ·
That was entertaining. Thanks for posting OP.

Now I've got a question: what ever came of the Ring lap time for this car? I know one crashed pushing the limits but that was the last I heard of this car at the Ring.

#24 · (Edited)
Story goes we ve got about 5 or 6 days until the embargo is lifted...(on or before 11/27 is my best guess)

I'd imagine track times could be part of the story...

Might be thanksgiving or December 1st so don't hold me to an exact date.

What we know early on is that......

Around Milford proving grounds first time out the c7 z06 was one second a lap faster than the pretty capable c6 zr1 ...both with I believe gm engineer Jim Mero behind the wheel.

Hope this lends insight....

I believe gm wants to tie the actual release date of the vehicle for sale in the showroom. Closer to the release of wonderful impressive driving impressions and test data for greater sales benefit etc....

I personally have a feeling the 8L90 in the z06 is an amazing track performance combo as well as on the street and I believe once the dates out on it....gm wants the order books open for the A8 and possibly the z07 version...right now both are on constraint....

I'm just guessing though....but it does seem to make sense to hold the information enthusiasts crave until they can a) see the cars in the showroom or b) actually order on with the options they want that are the pinnacle of the latest and greatest (differentiators between generations of corvette z06 s to maximize sales) c7 z06....

Makes sense to me although I also can't wait for the reviews and data.....as it should be insane plus the dam roof comes off.....as a street vette taking that targa off all summer is fuc n awesome! I love the entire sensory upload driving up in and around the mountains with the targa top off....) the solidity of a coupe and when desired the openness of a convertible....

Happy holidays..

Reactions: Speedjerk
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.