GM Inside News Forum banner

Vice President Biden Needs A Car - Suggestion for GM

3K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 ·
The New York Times
January 19, 2017

The Vice President needs a car...I hear GM has a few extra Corvette units in stock. Some nice publicity could be in store donating one to private citizen Biden...a known Corvette lover.

So the quiet life that the Bidens lived away from their official duties in Washington, and the weekend rituals that were a large part of it, will continue. On Saturday that means taking Natalie and Hunter to the Charcoal Pit restaurant, where Mr. Biden will almost certainly order his usual meal of hamburger, French fries and milk shake that he has been gobbling down for decades, according to Juan Avilez, a cook at the Charcoal Pit who has been making that meal for Mr. Biden for 26 years.

“His all-time favorite is the black-and-white,” a vanilla milkshake mixed with chocolate syrup, Mr. Avilez said.

On Sundays, the Bidens will still be in the pews of St. Joseph on the Brandywine Roman Catholic Church just as they have been for decades. After the service, their habit is to stop by Janssen’s Market, where Xavier Vega, the weekend cook there, will fix up Mr. Biden’s usual breakfast: eggs over easy with a side of dry wheat toast.

Their beloved house will continue to serve as a refuge for the entire Biden clan. The only real change will be that Mr. Biden will need a new car, since the 1967 Corvette that he got from his father and still cherishes is just for special occasions.

But how Mr. Biden will spend the rest of his week is still a bit uncertain. There will be Biden centers at the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Delaware and a Biden cancer initiative, but whether Mr. Biden intends to spend most of his time at his home office or someplace else has yet to be worked out.

#9 · (Edited)
Well, when he was a senator he had a 2005 STS. So, a CT6 makes sense. But he also likes high performance cars so I could see a CTS-V in his future as well. But Corvettes are to his liking as well.

Reactions: chrisc205
#13 ·
Folks, we have 17:30 hours for Obama to finish confiscating all the guns and putting all of his political enemies in FEMA camps. Do you think he can make it?

#20 ·
Nash Metropolitan. A convertible.

Reactions: knightfan26917
#21 ·
He was driving drunk and had a collision where his wife died. That's why he doesn't like driving.

On the other hand, it is cool he still has the 67 Corvette convertible he received as a wedding present.

On the other other hand, "My dad didn't have a lot of money, but he ran the largest Chevrolet dealer"... ?! Spoken like a true politician.

#22 · (Edited)
Wrong...... on all counts except yes, his first wife, who was driving the family Station Wagon while shopping / shopping for a Christmas Tree..... and his 13 month old daughter, died in a Car accident.

Both sons present were seriously injured.

But also where there was no Joe present, and also no Alcohol involved, no speeding, no mechanical problem or failure and no error committed, witnessed or cited by or for.......... the other driver.

Sadly, with her head turned somewhere else, she pulled or drifted out in front of a Tractor Trailer @ an Intersection and was t boned.

Former VP Biden often tells or often told in the past, an erroneous story about all this.

I dunno'..... call it 'overly cautious', call it silly, but if I were Joe, I'd be 'out of Town' for awhile...... say in Tibet, or Paraguay or Ecuador......but no siree Bob, nowhere near Cuba, and wherever I went, I wouldn't be buyin' or gittin' into too many 'strange cars'......

Reactions: 5200SuperSystem
#24 ·
My thoughts exactly. I'd give him a 2004 Aveo.

Reactions: knightfan26917
#28 ·
Give him a Fiskar - if you can find one. Supposedly built in Wilmington, DE after his steal of the property. His state - oh wait, he carpet-bagged from PA.

Seriously, set him up with a Solstice Targa. We worked really hard on that in a hellish climate. It was built in DE, and he should rep that.

I personally think he's an idiot, and completely sold out to big money. I could care less.

#29 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.