Joe Flacco wins C7 Corvette along with MVP honors - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Flacco wins C7 Corvette along with MVP honors

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC vette =||= cruze's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    vette & cruze

Re: Joe Flacco wins C7 Corvette along with MVP honors

I suspect the reason we didnt actually see Flacco get the car had to do with the game delay from the power outage. As for why they chose to give him the car, well, he had a good game. As for why they choose to give him this car instead of a cheaper car, really, do we want to see the Super Bowl MVP be given the keys to a new Sonic? Its great advertising for Chevy if they would have actually showed the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Darc Requiem's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2010 Taurus SHO White

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-JAY View Post
    smfh...flacco wins the MVP, and he just throws the ball up for grabs on 70% of his throws....this is BS...Bolden, or Jacoby Jones should have been MVP....FLACCO is a bum, and will come back down to earth next year.
    I can't stand the Ravens but give the man his due. He threw 11 TDs and 0 Ints in the playoffs.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 chakis24's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vette =||= cruze View Post
    I suspect the reason we didnt actually see Flacco get the car had to do with the game delay from the power outage. As for why they chose to give him the car, well, he had a good game. As for why they choose to give him this car instead of a cheaper car, really, do we want to see the Super Bowl MVP be given the keys to a new Sonic? Its great advertising for Chevy if they would have actually showed the car.
    someone else mentioned that the post-game show had toyota as the main sponsor....wonder if that had something to do with it not being aired.
    My Ride: 2005 Chevy Silverado Z71
    3" P.A. Body lift, 305/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 17x9 Pro Comp Wheels, Halo Projector headlights w/ HID hi's, PIAA P4000 Quattro fogs, Hyper White LED DRL's, Putco Locker Black Bed Rails, Pace Edwards: Jack Rabbit tonneau, Fire & Ice LED light bar, "Patriot" window decal, Flowmaster muffler, iPOD jack,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chakis24 View Post
    cant they do both? does gm pay anything to reward their car to the mvp? its free exposure to 100+ million people. you dont hear about the other donations because theyre not at the super bowl.

GM, Chevrolet, UAW Donate Vans to Veterans Facilities
    http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n...-for-vets.html

Chevrolet to Donoate Special Camaro to Wounded Veterans (note: proceeds from auctioning the car)
    http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2011/12/...erans-7706264/

GM Donates Chevrolet Vehicles to Sandy Relief & Veterans
    http://www.trucktrend.com/features/n...n/viewall.html
    Thank you. I was unaware of all this. However, they could've used the Superbowl to donate vehicles to veterens (or retired Middle School teachers like me), who aren't already millionaires who can easily afford to buy a nice new vehicle. Wouldn't that have been a great PR move during prime time?
    "Common Practice Does Not Necessarily Mean Common Sense"

'09 Vue, '11 Malibu LTZ.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

I remember after Super Bowl XXIIII (49ers beat Denver 56-10), Joe Montana won a 1990 Buick Reatta convertible for his MVP Honors.

That car seemed like a big deal then, but not much now. Hopefully Flaco's 2014 Corvette will still be something 20+ years from now.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information