GM Puts Lease Incentive On Top Cruze Model - Not Just Base LS

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GM Puts Lease Incentive On Top Cruze Model - Not Just Base LS

News Contributor Premium Member Perian's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Chevy Volt

GM Puts Lease Incentive On Top Cruze Model - Not Just Base LS

Chevy.com

January 27, 2013

After years of Chevy advertising base model leases to draw people into showrooms, here is something different - a subvented lease on the top of the Cruze model line, the LTZ.

Details:
    Example based on survey. Each dealer sets its own price. As shown, $239 per month, is for a 2013 Cruze LTZ with a base price of $24,360. Monthly payments total $5,722. $2,100 is due at signing. Option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing. Ally Bank must approve lease. Take delivery by February 28, 2013. Lessee pays for excess wear. Payments may be higher in some states. Not available with other offers. Residency restrictions apply. Includes benefit of tax credit, which benefits the lessor.

One of the following offers can be used to decrease the payment due at signing. You can not use both:

Non GM Lease Conquest
    $1000 Cash Incentive. CURRENT LESSEES of 1999 or newer SELECT MAKE NON GM Vehicle get the following toward Purchase or lease. Must be currently leasing a qualifying unit in order to qualify. CURRENT LESSEES of the following passenger cars of light trucks qualify: Acura- Audi- BMW- Chrysler- Daewoo- Daihatsu- Dodge- Ford- Honda- Hyundai- Infiniti- Isuzu- Jaguar- Jeep- Kia- Land Rover- Lexus- Lincoln- Mazda- Mercedes Benz- Mercury- MINI- Mitsubishi- Nissan- Scion- Smart- Subaru- Suzuki- Toyota- Volkswagen- Volvo- SAAB- Fiat.

2013 Calendar Year United Services Automobile Association (USAA) member Private Offer
    Eligible USAA members get a $750 allowance towards the purchase or lease of an eligible 2011-2012-2013 model as listed below. 1. Customer must be a current member of USAA and provide dealer with either a copy of USAA Insurance Card OR a copy of of their USAA insurance policy to retain in deal. 2. For USAA members that do not currently have USAA insurance, customer (not Dealer) calls 1-800-531-8285 to obtain authorization number. Customers without insurance who receive an authorization number will receive an email confirmation. A copy of the email must be retained in deal jacket. Eligible models: (Note: Hybrid versions of the following models are included) BUICK: 2012-2013 Enclave, Encore, Lacrosse, Regal, Verano. CHEVROLET: 2012-2013 Avalanche, Camaro (Not ZL1), Colorado, Corvette, Cruze, Equinox, Express, Impala, Malibu, Silverado, Sonic, Spark, Suburban, Tahoe, Traverse. GMC: 2012-2013 Acadia, Canyon, Savana, Sierra, Terrain, Yukon, Yukon XL. Not compatible with some other incentives.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: GM Puts Lease Incentive On Top Cruze Model - Not Just Base LS

I like when manufacturers advertise a lease special on upper-trim models.

That said...

Cruze LTZ: $239/mo, 24 mos., $2100 down
    -OR-
    Verano 1SD: $199/mo, 24 mos., $2119 down

Cruze pluses: Leather seats, heated front, power driver's; 38 mpg highway
    Verano pluses: dual-zone climate control, 2.4DI engine, 2 years included scheduled maintenance/OnStar/SiriusXM
    "Here's to Mr. Iacocca and his failed experiment, the DeLorean!" - The Office

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar tripowergto's Avatar
    Thanks

It about time but the long-standing Verano lease offer is still a better overall value.
    http://www.resurrectpontiac.com/

14 Torch Red 1LT Corvette 455HP 7SPD
    14 Crystal Red Volt w/heated cloth
    10 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS 426HP 6SPD "MAIDEN" (TOTALED!)
    09 Stryker Blue Pontiac G8 GT w/sport/prem/sunroof
    06 GTO 400HP LS2 6SPD(traded)
    02 Firebird Formula LS1 HURST 6SPD(1st new car)
    83 El Camino Conquista 350(RIP G8 ST)
    70 GTO - 65 & 69 GTO Conv http://realrockpro.com/

Thanks

Man you guys get awesome deals compared to in Canada.

Base Verano lease is $299 with $1450 down at 3.5% and that's locked in for 48 months. We get screwed here.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Honestly, I would seriously consider getting the Cruze LTZ over the Verano simply because of the 38MPG.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FG Falcon Utility

While its great for consumers that GM offers attractive leasing on high series Cruze,
    Could it be that GM merely transferring potential Malibu sales to high series Cruze?

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

We always get screwed in Canada because Canadian management who runs things always screws Canadians. Americans are much more competitive and flexible with pricing deals.

That said, I am renting a base Cruze right now for business and it is a VERY good car. Makes the new Malibu feel like crap (which it is to some extent). Excellent, extremely solid platform (better than many high-priced cars), 10 air bags, 5-star crash rating...Quiet...The darn thing just works. And considering how little you can buy them for, they really do embarrass the competition for the same price.

Anyone know if there are any known issues in older models (might look for a used one)? It seems like GM worked out any kinks in it for the one I am driving.

Thanks

I would jump on that lease offer, but I don't have $2100 up front. Also, is the lease for 12,000 miles per year for 24 months?
    Last edited by Railfan; 01-27-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    "Common Practice Does Not Necessarily Mean Common Sense"

'09 Vue, '11 Malibu LTZ.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YupYupYup View Post
    We always get screwed in Canada because Canadian management who runs things always screws Canadians. Americans are much more competitive and flexible with pricing deals.

That said, I am renting a base Cruze right now for business and it is a VERY good car. Makes the new Malibu feel like crap (which it is to some extent). Excellent, extremely solid platform (better than many high-priced cars), 10 air bags, 5-star crash rating...Quiet...The darn thing just works. And considering how little you can buy them for, they really do embarrass the competition for the same price.

Anyone know if there are any known issues in older models (might look for a used one)? It seems like GM worked out any kinks in it for the one I am driving.
    Don't touch a used 2011 Cruze-many issues, including tranny, antifreeze smell is many of them, steering rack issue. There is still an antifreeze odor problem. even with the 2013 model but I believe this is with the 1.4T. If you're getting the base model with the 1.8L it may not be a problem..

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Traditionally 24 month lease deals are not as attractive as 36 month lease deals.

2100 out of pocket equates to about 90 dollars a month on a 24 month and 60 bucks on a 36 month lease...

239 plus 90 is too expensive .......for these cars..(zero down calculation)

Build up GM card points.......and wait.....for better 36 month lease deals would be my suggestion.

Go zero down as well..never like to pay upfront costs on any lease deal would be my suggestion.

Thanks for the heads up on these deals though...

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC dewey9315's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't call the 2013 Malibu my work gave me as crap...far from it. Excellent car...much improved over the previous generation, and I'd take it over a Cruze.
    1963 Buick Wildcat waiting to be brought back to life.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Impala LTZ "Nancy"

Isn't the MCE Cruze do relatively soon? Maybe they want to lock people in to leases on Cruzes and when it's up and presumablely the owners liked the Cruze, they will look to buy or lease the MCE Cruze.
    www.basilonestopshop.com
    Basil One-Stop Shop BBM Channel: C00120B93
    Basil One-Stop Shop BBM Customer Service Chat Available

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Pontiac GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by YupYupYup View Post
    Aside from transmission tuning issues (which have been updated with a new firmware) and an antifreeze smell that some experience (which depending on who you talk to isnt very widespread at all) they are generally very trouble free. Hold their value really well too. Two of my friends just purchased them in the past few months. One has an Eco that he averages around 45 MPG in (has a 100 mile commute) and the other is a LTZ that was a year old with 20k miles on it.

Interesting about the 2100 down. Doesnt seem like too good of a deal on a 24 month lease. If it was 36 I could see it a little better.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 GTO, 2013 VOLT

Quote Originally Posted by steve333 View Post
    Don't touch a used 2011 Cruze-many issues, including tranny, antifreeze smell is many of them, steering rack issue. There is still an antifreeze odor problem. even with the 2013 model but I believe this is with the 1.4T. If you're getting the base model with the 1.8L it may not be a problem..
    25 to 30 years later and GM still can't build a good steering rack. How hard can it be to fugure out what is wearing and fix it. I realize that it may actually cost $5 to do it. And that might impact profit's, but all the are doing is pissing off customers who wil go else where to buy their next car.
    Goldman Sachs , AIG , Wells Fargo, Berkshire Hathaway , UAW, & SEIU.......Todays organized crime mobs

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Cruze TD , 88 Fiero GT

Quote Originally Posted by donmateo View Post
    Isn't the MCE Cruze do relatively soon? Maybe they want to lock people in to leases on Cruzes and when it's up and presumablely the owners liked the Cruze, they will look to buy or lease the MCE Cruze.
    I think the MCE is only for the 2014 MY. For MY 2015, the all new redesigned Cruze enters the market.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information