GM Inside News Forum banner

Five Things You Didn't Know About the Chevy Camaro

4K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  RoyG 
#1 ·
Chevy's pony turns 50 this week. Let's have a party.
The/Drive
By A.J. Baime

Amazingly, the Mustang and the Camaro are still battling neck and neck for the crown of “America’s Muscle Car.” This rivalry has to be the coolest story in the history of American car building. Here, we look back at the birth of the Camaro, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this week. It all started with the first pilot prototype (No. 10001), which rolled off the assembly line on May 21, 1966, at the General Motors Assembly Plant in Norwood, Ohio. The Historic Vehicle Association is throwing the Camaro a birthday party. Here’s some amazing facts about the Camaro, courtesy of the HVA. . .

More at this link

See less See more
#6 ·
I'm sure the article would be interesting to read, but on my phone, that is the stupidest layout I've ever seen. A permanent social media button sidebar on the left blocking text, a drop-down header bar at the top, and several pop-up images throughout the story that take over the whole screen.

F, you fail. I'll add a U for good measure.

#7 ·
That brings back memories:)
A friend of mine bought one new and he went to the Chevy dealership and bought a crate 302 which we had modified for drag racing.
We ran it at various strips with the name Of Pepe Lepue on the sides of it.
The single leaf rear springs were a joke but all in all it was a good car.
RIP.Flip

#12 ·
Forever great memories of seven Camaro's I've owned in my lifetime. Everyone of them special in there own way. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.