Five Awesome Things You Didnít Know About the New Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
Car and Driver
April 5, 2013
by Justin Berkowitz
Moments after Chevy shocked everyone with the scalding new Camaro Z/28, we began our own scalding-fast process: chasing down GM execs for all the details and back story on this beast. Obtained through some official channels and some channels that were, well, less so, here are the five coolest things we learned:
1. The Z/28 badge almost went on an entirely different car.
2. The car that became the Z/28 had been brewing for years, and Chevy knew it had to use the LS7 engine.
3. During development, the Z/28′s code name was ďSteve.Ē
4. After going for a ride in an early mule, Dan Akerson said, ďWe need to put the board of directors in this.Ē
5. Recent prototypes apparently are lapping test tracks as quick as, well, stuff youíd never imagine it could keep up with.
Full article at link.