First Drive of Seventh Generation Corvette Prototype

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Drive of Seventh Generation Corvette Prototype

GMI Canada Editor Premium Member ne_one's Avatar
    Thanks

GM
    November 28, 2012

When fans fire up their PlayStation®3 (PS3™) systems today they’ll have a chance to become part of Corvette history. Chevrolet and Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC (SCEA) are giving gamers a first-of-its-kind driving experience by offering a camouflaged Corvette C7 Test Prototype as a vehicle download in the critically acclaimed PS3™ racing game Gran Turismo®5.

Chevrolet and Polyphony Digital Inc., the developers of the award-winning Gran Turismo® franchise, collaborated to provide an authentic driving experience in a seventh-generation Corvette prototype currently available to only a handful of people in the world.

During the creation of the virtual Corvette prototype, careful attention was paid to the tiniest details from the creases and wrinkles in the soft camouflage used to disguise the new design to specific driving characteristics that are currently being tuned and refined ahead of the vehicle’s official debut in January.

“Until now, only the most skilled drivers on the Corvette team have been authorized to push the test prototypes to the limits on some of the most challenging track surfaces in the world,” said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet Global Marketing. “Through this unique collaboration with Gran Turismo, Chevrolet is able, for the first time, to give performance car enthusiasts access to such an exclusive driving experience.”

All six previous generations of the Corvette have been available to players of the Gran Turismo series since the game’s inception and the Chevrolet nameplate remains one of the most popular vehicles to race. The camouflaged Corvette C7 Test Prototype is immediately available for download through the PlayStation® Store from the PlayStation®3 at no additional cost. It can be driven on some of the world’s renowned race tracks, including Daytona International Speedway and the infamous Nurburgring – one of the track surfaces used in testing to evaluate the new Corvette’s driving dynamics.

“Gran Turismo has had many firsts and we’re excited to partner with Chevrolet for yet another – bringing the first-ever Chevrolet prototype vehicle into a racing game,” said Kazunori Yamauchi, president of Polyphony Digital, Inc. “As car enthusiasts, we’re thrilled to give fans this extraordinary level of access to the seventh generation Corvette that otherwise would not be possible.”

The Gran Turismo series has sold more than 67 million games since its inception and remains the highest-selling PlayStation-exclusive franchise of all time.

Chevrolet will introduce the 2014 Corvette on Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013. More information and video content is available at www.one13thirteen.com. Enthusiasts can join the conversation about the next-generation Corvette and keep track of new announcements on Facebook (facebook.com/corvette) and Twitter @Chevrolet(#Corvette). Fans that follow the #one13thirteen hashtag on Twitter can look forward to exclusive updates.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    Ford Explorer/2002/Green

Re: First Drive of Seventh Generation Corvette Prototype

Boooo!! Nice marketing. I guess the game will get a downloadable update after the official reveal.
    I didn't go to math school, so I'm not going to do the math.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Xenon's Avatar
    Thanks

Not surprising at all. The series creator, Kaz is pretty passionate about cars in general and it shows in GT5.

But on a side note would it be possible to even do legitimate testing via simulations like this?

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks

There is a video that unlocks tomorrow, which may be interesting.......

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

It would be nice if GM and Polyphony Digital worked together to get the Cadillac ATS, Buick Regal GS and Cadillac CTS-V in the game!

Tired of driving the 2384574965394826596234o876t5th variation of the Nissan Skyline.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Darc Requiem's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2010 Taurus SHO White

Quote Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
    It would be nice if GM and Polyphony Digital worked together to get the Cadillac ATS, Buick Regal GS and Cadillac CTS-V in the game!

Tired of driving the 2384574965394826596234o876t5th variation of the Nissan Skyline.
    Forza 4 is your friend

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 sfbreh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 969 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darc Requiem View Post
    Forza 4 is your friend
    Only the V is in it, but THIS. 360 4eva.

Thanks
    My Ride
    96 Viper GTS/11 MINI Cooper S

I'm THRILLED to see GM embrase this. Gran Turismo did more to shape the attitudes of people under 32 than any other piece of marketing. Kids sit in their rooms from age 10 playing this game 4-5 hours a day for YEARS. They "buy" whatever car in the game that will be fastest so they can beat their friends! So, when you buy a Camaro and it handles like total CRAP in the game, and all the other kids are flying by in their Japanese cars, they learn to make fun of anyone who buys the Camaro! Unfortunately, that mind set continues into real life when they start driving! They seek out and 'WANT' the cars that were cool in the video game. Of course, in earlier Gran Turismo, that was ALWAYS the Japanese car. Starting in GT4, the cars were finally setup a little more "fair". I've owned and worn out every Gran Turismo game....
    Toyota--The Official Vehicle of Terrorist Everywhere

Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 AVALANCHE

I believe the Nissan GT-R was "released" the same time on the GranTorismo game as the "real" car was released for sale

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Motors Man's Avatar
    Thanks

As much as I've enjoyed the Gran Turismo series,I've have to ask the brilliant minds @ GM why make this move for this series? Has not anyone been paying attention? This should have been done for Forza you marketing geniuses or hell for both systems!. I guess no matter what GM is gonna GM till GM is no more. I'm dissapointed........ Thanks for nuthin!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

So the video game let's. You drive a corvette that looks like the spy photos?

And then on Jan 13th the wrapping comes off on the game?

What are the final performance specs of the prototype?

Thanks

The picture reminds me of a car (and street scene) from the old Speed Racer cartoon.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

LOL. Go speed racer GO SPEED RACER GO SPEED RAAAAACER GO!

The kids have nice games today......

Good to see it has such marketing impact on younger buyers too.

Interesting that GM is in the game prelaunch of the C7

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

The new video is unlocked as of today as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    Only the V is in it, but THIS. 360 4eva.
    True, but they could just use the Vauxhall Insignia VXR in Forza 4 as the Buick Regal GS.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information