7K views 40 replies 32 participants last post by  LGRpup 
#1 ·
Spy Shots: new Chinese Chevrolet Cruzes are Naked in China
BY TYCHO DE FEIJTER
APRIL 16, 2014
Car News China

See less See more
#3 ·
The Chinese rear better matches Chevrolet's current design language HERE in North America. The current rear of the Cruze never really matched the car anyway, while the photo above shows what would be a more harmonious look throughout.

This is a real head-scratcher.

Reactions: Smee
#12 · (Edited)
I don't either. Not to mention the fact that simultaneously facelifting it twice has to cost GM more money. For all the talk of harmonizing models around the globe to increase brand/product awareness and reduce regionalization, this is very shortsighted. The Chinese version looks miles better and this should be the updated model they sell here in North America as well.

#21 ·
This looks worse than our facelift... Which looks worse than the car it replaces.

I was SO excited that the Impala was "the new Chevy design language", yet they've chosen the worst car in the lineup (Malibu) and put its craptastic cues on everything.

Of course the leaked car is the new Cruze, it had the GODAWFUL 'stump jumper' stance of all the mules.

#23 ·
I like the front end. As for the rear, compared to the current Cruze the back it's a pretty big change, with the license plate moving from the trunk to bumper and all. The front refresh is a new fascia, other than the LEDs nothing really changed but was reshaped. If we got that rear too, I would imagine they'd have to certify and retool a little more for what will be a short run of one model year.

I know people complain about the Cruze rear (actually, I didn't realize how much criticism was centered on the rear until they showed the '15), and I agree it isn't exciting, but I prefer what we have to this.

Maybe I'm just hung up on the license plate thing, but aside from the Malibu it doesn't have all that much familial resemblance IMO.

Unless you go outside of Chevrolet, as it looks much more similar to the Verano to me:

#24 ·
Isn't the current gen Cruze still going to be sold alongside the D2XX model in China?
We are witnessing one of the strategies that will help GM reach 5 million units sold in China for next year, from 3.2 units sold in 2013. The Trax, a Sail redesigned, next Captiva/Equinox, a Buick Excelle renewed range, the impending Buick Anthem, Cadillac expansion and other movements in some regional brands also part of the plan.

Sell ​​retouched the current model with the new generation, will make the Cruze sales soar and become one of the best selling models in the country. Volkswagen uses the "trick" to keep the Lavida as the best-selling car and Ford Focus were positioned at the top 3 with the same strategy.

#26 ·
Baseball, Hot Dogs, Pork Fried Rice, Chevrolet.

For all you guys talking about average transaction prices and how GM should only care about profits, well this is what you get. A car company more interested in China then North America.

It's not a crime, but it doesn't make me particularly want to buy my next vehicle from them.

#36 ·
Makes perfect sense, build globally, but design for the market. GM has noticed that the Ford Focus has become very popular in China, so Chevy is tweaking the Cruze to have styling that is not so much different than the Focus, yet still remain Cruze.

#38 ·
Yes. Build globally, but one has to ensure that brand integrity is maintained in all markets. Localization should only go so far as to meet local laws and to an extent local tastes.

I don't think a Ford Focus varies significantly form market to market in look.

To me, it just doesn't seem like Cruze product cadence is aligned globally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.