GM Inside News Forum banner

Chevy Pickup Truck Wins Edmunds Comparision Test!

5K views 29 replies 28 participants last post by  lohchief 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Lol!

#11 ·
I was just at Disney World last week and Chevy had several cars inside the Chevy Test Track ride. A new Colorado was in there in white with the cloth interior. Looked pretty nice in person and it was fairly large for a midsize truck although the Silverado next to it was noticeably larger. Seats were comfortable, switchgear appeared to be of quality materials and work smoothly. One thing I did notice was the leg room in the rear seats of the crew cab were really lacking. I put the front passenger seat up to the point where my knees were just shy of touching the glovebox. When I got to the back seat my knees were about 3/4" from the seat back, definitely tight. If I adjusted the front seats where I was comfortable I simply couldn't sit in the back unless I turned my legs sideways. Maybe I'm just spoiled with full-size crews.

#18 ·
I love the Colorado and was ready to trade in my F-150 on a Crewcab LTZ short box until I found out that the new truck doesn't make a sunroof available. I would chose the Silverado in this comparison over the Colorado. I hear that a sunroof may become available next year so I may just hang on to the F-150 for one more year.

#25 ·
Internal competition. The best GM can hope for is increased combined sales,
internal conquests to Colorado/Canyon are not a zero sum game, you've just hurt sales of your prime bread winner.
Worst of all what if Colorado/Canyon is ignored and gets 2,000-3,000 sales a month - not worth the effort.

#29 ·
It's about choices. A truck buyer can pick between the full sized Silverado and the 8/10th sized Colorado. The bad thing about this is this means Colorado sales steal from the Silverado. The good thing is Ford and Ram can't offer these choices, so Colorado sales will also steal from the F150 and the Ram.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.