The ALL-NEW 2014 Chevrolet Silverado (Test videos) - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The ALL-NEW 2014 Chevrolet Silverado (Test videos)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    07 Corvette Convertible-Cruze

Re: The ALL-NEW 2014 Chevrolet Silverado (Test videos)

I would like to see how the Ford F150 would do on these tests. Ford owners would probably still say "Fords are still better" no matter if it got beaten. I hope GM builds these new trucks so much better then the Fords so it may open some eyes. Gas mileage on the new Silverado has to be as good or better, (comparing an apple to an apple) or Ford owners will knock it down.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Hehe. I would like to see a HD photo of a black 2014 Silverado LTZ crew cab with a carrier attached holding a black 2014 Stingray on it.
    http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com
    I find it sad that some people wish for GM to fail and can't comprehend any good news. A plausible explanation for this kind of behavior is that you have a miserable life so you wish the same to others. Cory Pham, Autoblog Poster

GM must return its divisions to being interdependent entities within the corporation. Decentralize and free the different divisions talents to foster brand differentiation and customer loyalty.

6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Premium Member jzchev28's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Silverado Z71 Blue Topaz

Quote Originally Posted by Evo69 View Post
    Hehe. I would like to see a HD photo of a black 2014 Silverado LTZ crew cab with a carrier attached holding a black 2014 Stingray on it.
    I'm going to 1up you and say screw the photo, I wan't to see that in my driveway when I look out the window

Thanks

Wow what an awesome truck in the current generation, and to be engineered even better in the next generation. Good job GM moving the bar higher.

-Mr. Mike-
    1992 25th Anniversary TIE1-ON-Z28, HSR 355, Comp Cam, Vig STC, forged internals, Pro-Built 700R4, Hotchkis SFC's, Hooker LT's to twin Dynomax Ultra-Flo's, etc. Old X-Muffler: http://youtu.be/omytSj2Ob-8 New Twin Dynomax Ultra Flo's: http://youtu.be/6l69Xxs6iMM

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 CADILLACSIXTEEN's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    GMC Sierra | Z71

Being a truck owner, what I hope for the most is that GM actually DID spend all of this time and attention to detail on all of the "small stuff" that we don't necessarily see. I think design wise, it's different enough, and the Sierra really impresses me. But what would impress me the most is if it really outshines the competition by means of it's engineering prowess. Stronger, smarter, more capable are really what I'm after... and I'll take that Sierra exterior too.

I hope those videos are more than just marketing.
    Last edited by CADILLACSIXTEEN; 01-17-2013 at 10:10 AM.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC DieToyota1978's Avatar
    Thanks

I got a 2012 F-150 FX2 and its pimp but I want to get rid of it its a GREAT truck I just wish I would have got another Silverado
    I miss my AVALANCHE

2012 Ford F-150 FX2 5.0 GONE!!! Back in a Silverado Z71

2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special 5.0

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    Chevrolet

Enough Said

Do you want the best or do you want the best?
    Didn't you mean to say "engineering via press release" similiar what Ford has done with their trucks........which is your favorite saying!

Couldn't pass that one up. But I think all these videos are very cool. These trucks will be Top Notch.
    "Good artists copy, great artists steal" Pablo Picasso

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

These are the only TV commercials Chevy needs

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC the_smurf2008's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Camaro

Re: The ALL-NEW 2014 Chevrolet Silverado ( Test videos )

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    It is funny, because we don't build blocks of granite. Think about it. Natural processes do. Strong like a block of granite, yes. Build like a bunker, yes. Built like granite, no. Unless he's talking about the physical properties of granite itself.
    You mean people are saying they are built like a rock???...HHMMMMMMMMMM

Banned
    Thanks

The videos are nice but I didn't understand a couple of them. One was the 4 wheel disc brakes. What's the big deal about that? My 2002 Silverado had 4 wheel discs and so does my Super Duty. Likewise the shifting into 4x4 while driving. I can do that now. If I recall I could do that my in my 2002 as well. Everything else looks impressive. They said they increased body durability. I wonder if the beds are really sturdy again? I thought my 2002 was sturdy enough. Not as strong as my older trucks I owned but probably just as strong as my Super Duty. It seems everyone complained about these 900's being too thin, flimsy and just not durable. Hopefully they made them strong again but I didn't see that show of strength in any of the videos.

I'd truly be interested in this truck if only it came in a better looking exterior package. Just like the 900. The body designs are just a turn off for me personally with everything all flared and bulged out. I am interested to see the Colorado though. Maybe that will be the truck to put me back into a Chevrolet again. Cleaner design, no GMC Terrain bulges, round wheelwells etc. More classic Chevrolet looking I hope. I look forward to it.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 CADILLACSIXTEEN's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    GMC Sierra | Z71

Quote Originally Posted by 454SSChevy View Post
    The videos are nice but I didn't understand a couple of them. One was the 4 wheel disc brakes. What's the big deal about that? My 2002 Silverado had 4 wheel discs and so does my Super Duty.
    My 2005 Sierra has rear drums. And I know the 900's have drums as well. As far as I know I was under the understanding the 3/4 ton or 1 ton had the option for discs. Was your 2002 Silverado more than a 1/2 ton? If so, this is why.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC G8Montana's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Pontiac G8GT 2009 Pacific Sl.

My 2000 Silverado 1500 turned 209k miles yesterday. Had a new tranny put in @ 203k miles. Dependable, good mileage, starts in the coldest of winter.
    New Aug-08 with 3 miles on ticker: 2009 Pontiac G8GT 54k miles
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 218k miles

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS

Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    But where's the man step? Don't we need a man step? For crying out loud, we need a man step.
    They built them into the bumper ends, where real men want them...

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CADILLACSIXTEEN View Post
    My 2005 Sierra has rear drums. And I know the 900's have drums as well. As far as I know I was under the understanding the 3/4 ton or 1 ton had the option for discs. Was your 2002 Silverado more than a 1/2 ton? If so, this is why.
    I believe in either '03 or '05 the half ton trucks went back to Drums, as they were experiencing issues with the Disc systems, the Drums afforded more consistent performance, and/or, as a cost saving measure. My '01 SLT Extended Cab Z71 has discs in the rear as well, they started this way with the '99 GMT 800 release. I know that on my truck the brakes feel soft and mushy most of the time even after I have done a fluid change and full bleed on the brake system, and have checked to ensure the Master Cylinder and Vacuum Booster are operating as they should. Only every once in a while after I have been in a situation when I have braked hard will they feel good for a few subsequent stops. I remember reading how the proportioning system adjusts braking performance in situations of hard braking, so I believe that is the effect taking place here, I just wish they felt like that ALL THE TIME!
    Last edited by ForcedTQ; 01-17-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Was your 2002 Silverado more than a 1/2 ton? If so, this is why.
    No. It was a beautiful blue extended cab 1500. Discs all around. I never had any issue with that truck that was major either. I think my speedometer or maybe it was the tach just quit working and I had it replaced with a new one under warranty. I also had a bad 4x4 switch or actuator? Something like that. It just wouldn't go into 4x4 and the light on the switch always stayed on. It was also fixed under warranty. No issues other than those two in the many years I owned it. It was starting to get rusty on the bottom when I traded it off but I think that was common on those models. Had I kept it I probably would have had a body shop put some new rockers on. I miss that truck though. I think it was the last truly beautiful Silverado model ever built. I haven't cared for the Silverado looks since. Part of me wishes I would have kept it and stored it but it was either that had to go or my ZR2 and I just couldn't part with my ZR2. My wife has a two truck rule.

So, the old Chevrolet and the new Ford it is.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information