GM Inside News Forum banner

All American Hero: 2013 Chevrolet Corvette 427

4K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  JBsZ06 
#1 ·

#2 ·
I'm loving all of this coverage of the 427.

#3 · (Edited)
Not a fan of the rally striping on the soft top.

And that reviewer is a wuss. He's complains about the fact that you need to concentrate on what you're doing while driving the car? Isn't that the whole idea behind owning a car like that...So you can enjoy the experience that goes with the car?

#9 ·
And that reviewer is a wuss. He's complains about the fact that you need to concentrate on what you're doing while driving the car? Isn't that the whole idea behind owning a car like that...So you can enjoy the experience that goes with the car?
Great car, but the reviewer is a total douchebag.
I agree with you fellas... What a jackass!!!

The 427 is built for, and purchased by, those who understand what a visceral experience driving one can be... Not for the reviewer who drove home from the test drive in a Miata.

The 427 & ZO6 are pure power muscle machines that happen to handle as well as the best sports cars in the world. The fact that they are still RWD with no AWD option adds a little more character to the driving experience. I've been fortunate enough to drive a C6 ZO6 a couple times... But unfortunately, I cannot afford to purchase one!:D

#4 · (Edited)
I wished they used the 427 name on the hardtop / z06 version as well. Not sure why this configuration should be exclusive to the convertible.

Also that video reminded me why the LS7 is my favorite LS motor period.

#7 · (Edited)
Just so you guys know it's usual that reporters make a few negative comments on each of the last year models of each generation corvette.

This way the next generation reviews can go for many years creaming on how great the latest and greatest new model of corvette is.

That laughter as the reviewer is driving the vette is really what car offers it's owner.

The cars a beast. It's performance is a blast. The only downside is that we usually find that GM figures out a way with each new generation how to convince us to fork over even more coin because the newer generation is even better!

#14 ·
The cars fast and it made him laugh his butt off and scared the crap out of him too!

That s what real speed will do.

He was right about what the forces of speed will do especially in a vert.

GM never intended the 427 and the entire performance package for the vert. Marketing said do it and it will bring us a boatload of money and a lot of last generation reviews.

The flapping seats are stupid but only when you drive less Than smooth.

Smooth driving is faster and a skill that takes time in a car this fast and powerful. And the reviewer was positive as you can tell from his laughter.

#16 ·
The aftermarket will always step in...for replacement parts on a 427 60th anniversary corvette.....if needed..

I wouldn't worry about corvette parts...

One of my favorite parts of the corvette ownership experience is the low cost of parts and service...and the cars a beast! LOL

I laugh my @ss off every time I drive my corvette...

I can't figure out why more people don't buy these cars...

Unbeleivable fun for not a lot of money and for those that are short on cash...

Buy them preowned...Corvette owners for the most part are the most caring owners of vehicles out there....

2 seats impractical? WHO CARES! Its the best excuse not to have to travel with more than one person...and when you drive this car....it makes you laugh your @ss off....its always ready to pounce..

I do recommend the Corvettes of westchester Booster mod..Makes the car even more fun to drive...

Alcantara D shaped wheel, maybe a few carbon fiber interior mods....and a MGW short throw shifter...

the cars ready to rock and roll...

I'm hoping the C7 seats retrofit ....LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.