2014 Corvette Stingray Hits the Track in Gran Turismo®5

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Corvette Stingray Hits the Track in Gran Turismo®5

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

GM
    January 14, 2013

DETROIT – As Chevrolet takes the wraps off the all-new Corvette Stingray, fans of Sony Computer Entertainment’s PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system will have the first chance to push the car to the limits in the critically acclaimed Gran Turismo®5 racing game.

Nearly 500,000 people have driven the camouflaged Corvette prototype since it was introduced to the game in November of last year. Chevrolet and Polyphony Digital Inc., the developers of the Gran Turismo franchise, collaborated to provide an authentic driving experience in the Corvette Stingray – the seventh generation of the iconic sports car.

“Getting behind the wheel of the all-new Corvette Stingray – the most powerful and sophisticated standard Corvette ever – is sure to be a thrilling experience,” said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet Marketing. “Through this unique collaboration with Gran Turismo, Chevrolet is able, for the first time, to give performance car enthusiasts access to such an exclusive driving experience the day after the Corvette Stingray’s world debut.”

During the creation of the virtual Corvette Stingray, careful attention was paid to the tiniest details of the new design inside and out, as well as to the enhanced performance driving characteristics – down to the shift schedule for the seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching.

The Corvette Stingray will produce an estimated 450 horsepower and 450 lb-ft of torque. It can accelerate from 0-60 in less than four seconds and will achieve more than 1g in cornering grip. It will also be the most fuel-efficient Corvette ever, expected to exceed the EPA-estimated 26 mpg of the current model.

“The Polyphony team has had an unforgettable experience getting to know the Corvette Stingray, inside and out, and bringing it into Gran Turismo 5,” said Kazunori Yamauchi, president of Polyphony Digital Inc. “We’re excited to share our experience with fans and let them feel, explore and drive the Corvette in a way that wasn’t possible until now.”

All six previous generations of the Corvette have been available to players of the Gran Turismo series. The Chevrolet nameplate remains one of the most popular vehicles to race.

The Corvette Stingray will be available as a free download through the PlayStation® Store on PlayStation®3 on Tuesday, Jan. 15, and can be driven on some of the world’s renowned race tracks, including the Daytona International Speedway and the Nurburgring – one of the track surfaces used to evaluate the new Corvette Stingray’s driving dynamics.

The Gran Turismo series has sold more than 68 million games since its inception and remains the highest-selling PlayStation-exclusive franchise of all time.

Last edited by ne_one; 01-17-2013 at 02:07 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: 2014 Corvette Stingray Hits the Track in Gran Turismo®5

I never did a download update for GT5 on my PS3. As a dad I hardly ever have time to play at all anyway.
    But now I will definately check it out.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Supra Turbo(Modified)

No Forza?
    Straights are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers.

Thanks

I am a HUGE Forza fan, and saddened that Forza didn't get this. Looks like I need to fire up my PS3.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member NoStopN's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '02 Sierra HT (Stepside)

The worst part is, the car was released 2 days ago. I even linked to an article on Autoblog.com the day after the reveal. GM's press core is late again.

"Don't think of it as a slap. Think of it as a high 5.....for your stupid face." How I Met Your Mother--January 13, 2014

I love you, Dad. 8/25/57-3/28/11

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'00 Ford Ranger

Come on Forza get it together.

Proud to drive American. Proud to drive GM.
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    4.2L Vortec 4200 I-6
    Airaid CAI, Gibson Catback Performance Exhaust coming soon...

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Motors Man's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
    Come on Forza get it together.
    I don't think it's Forza as much as it is GM. The suits @ GM still probably think the GT series is still relevant.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar hrcslam's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1995 Camaro Z28 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Motors Man View Post
    I don't think it's Forza as much as it is GM. The suits @ GM still probably think the GT series is still relevant.
    Forza Motorsports total sales: about 15 million
    Gran Turismo total sales: about 68 million....

Yeah, I'd call it still relevant too. Why is GT5 more popular than FM4? Bluray.... I do like FM4 though, but not much more than GT5. Well, now GT5 has the upper hand, lol.

Good Luck is when hard work meets opportunity.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar 'Vette Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Aura XE 3.5 2008

GT5 is on pace to pass 10 million total sales this year. GT5 is a great game that a lot of people still play. I still play it every once in a while, but I don't have to deal with updates (the most annoying thing about it) because I have a PS+ sub that does game updates at night.
    2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5 - Still one GM's best looking designs
    Other Family Vehicles:
    Ford F-150, Ford Edge, Chevy Cruze, VW Jetta

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Motors Man's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hrcslam View Post
    Forza Motorsports total sales: about 15 million
    Gran Turismo total sales: about 68 million....

Yeah, I'd call it still relevant too. Why is GT5 more popular than FM4? Bluray.... I do like FM4 though, but not much more than GT5. Well, now GT5 has the upper hand, lol.
    Ugh here we go again....... I wonder why people think that because something sells it's good?. I guess The out going Impala was awesome (GM sold the ****! out of that old *** car),Friends was a really good show,Episodes 1-2-3 (or is that 4-5-6) were Oscar material, the Transformers movies were masterpieces, "Tub-Thumping" by Chumba Wumba was fantastic!, Teen Mom ,Jersey shore are awesome ********ing programs....... and so on and on.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar hrcslam's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1995 Camaro Z28 6 Speed

Ugh here we go again....... I wonder why people think that because something sells it's good?. I guess The out going Impala was awesome (GM sold the ****! out of that old *** car),Friends was a really good show,Episodes 1-2-3 (or is that 4-5-6) were Oscar material, the Transformers movies were masterpieces, "Tub-Thumping" by Chumba Wumba was fantastic!, Teen Mom ,Jersey shore are awesome ********ing programs....... and so on and on.
    Please end your rant and read the analytically post I made again, thanks. BluRay is why the PS3 sells, the PS3 is why GT5 has more sales (and inherently more success) than FM4. Do I like FM4? Yes. I had it while I had an Xbox 360. BluRay won out, I got a PS3 and GT5. Honestly the GT5 has better online gaming, and nice little perks like a C7 Corvette Stingray downloads.

On a side note, I took the C7 Prototype around Laguna Seca with Racing slicks, lapped in under 1:30:00 repeatedly......

Good Luck is when hard work meets opportunity.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Tre-Tre's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm just glad GM is smart enough to try different forms of marketing. Instead of missing the boat. Smart move, I myself don't game but a lot of people do. It certainly won't hurt to broaden the C7's appeal, when that's where a good chunk the the next generation is at.
    Last edited by Tre-Tre; 01-17-2013 at 11:10 PM.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar PistonsFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SCCA1995 View Post
    The worst part is, the car was released 2 days ago. I even linked to an article on Autoblog.com the day after the reveal. GM's press core is late again.
    GM's press release was on Monday, the day before it was available for download:
    http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n...14-gt5-gm.html

GMI Staff Member Premium Member NoStopN's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '02 Sierra HT (Stepside)

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan View Post
    GM's press release was on Monday, the day before it was available for download:
    http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n...14-gt5-gm.html
    Then why was it until Thursday that it was even posted here? Would anyone who plays games here have known? I'll admit, the C7 being in GT5 got me to play the game for the first time in a few weeks, but that was literally the only car added in this update.

"Don't think of it as a slap. Think of it as a high 5.....for your stupid face." How I Met Your Mother--January 13, 2014

I love you, Dad. 8/25/57-3/28/11

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'00 Ford Ranger

All right, I have a PS3 and Gran Turismo 5 borrowed. We shall see about this newfangled Corvette.

Proud to drive American. Proud to drive GM.
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    4.2L Vortec 4200 I-6
    Airaid CAI, Gibson Catback Performance Exhaust coming soon...

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information