2014 Chevy Impala Order Guide

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Chevy Impala Order Guide

News Contributor Premium Member Perian's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Chevy Volt

Instructions:

Click "Print Model"

Click "Print" (Information will not output to your printer).

The 2014 Impala will be offered in LS, LT and LTZ trim levels.

The 3.6L, 305-horsepower-engine will come to market first, with a starting price of $30,760 for the LT and $36,580 for the LTZ, including destination charges.*

*Source: General Motors Corporation

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Chevy Volt

Re: 2014 Chevy Impala Order Guide

A bit of a risk here offering only the 3.6L engine upfront. Price points will be in the mid to upper 30s on the LT and LTZ with options.

There will be little or no fleet sales until the 2.5L is available, and this might have quite an effect on sales for the first few months. Let's hope GM can aim the bulk of transactions towards the retail buyer.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Isn't this a repost? GM released it, then took it off, now it's back on as of last Friday.

Kind of like the same thing that happened with the 2014 Silverado, Sierra, and Yukon ordering guide, except its not live again, yet.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

can someone explain when the other engines will be available? It seems like its saying the eassist isnt coming until Q4. Is that NEXT year? That doesn't seem right to me at all. Why would they need another year to launch Eassist version?

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Chevy Volt

Quote Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
    can someone explain when the other engines will be available? It seems like its saying the eassist isnt coming until Q4. Is that NEXT year? That doesn't seem right to me at all. Why would they need another year to launch Eassist version?
    The 2.5L or 1.8L may replace the 2.4L in the eAssist combination. This may explain the additional time frame.

Thanks
    My Ride
    02 T/A WS6 (big surprise right

Quote Originally Posted by Perian View Post
    A bit of a risk here offering only the 3.6L engine upfront. Price points will be high on the initial build. There will be little or no fleet sales until the 2.5L is available, and this might have quite an effect on sales for the first few months. Let's hope GM can aim the bulk of transactions towards the retail buyer.
    That plan didn't work out to well for the Malibu. All the reviews were bitching about how underpowered it was. I understand the Malibu has other issues but why add to them when the car first comes out. I think what they are doing is a good idea.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

I think the MSRP on the new Impala models will be "sitcker shock" to Chevrolet and Impala customers. Although, I realize there is a lot of new content and features.

I also wonder how many features and options will go on constraint initially? I wonder how many TSB's will be issued to correct new-vehicle start up defects and problems?

I suspect that after the initial flurry of people who WANT to buy the new Impala because it is new and has many features, GM will quckly be offering discounts and rebates. With the size and weight of the car, I do not think the 4-cylinder models will be in demand to customers that are used to V-6 power in an Impala.

My wife and i have owned a new 2008 & 2011 Impala LTZ, and now own a 2012 Impala LTZ. We wish the car would be offered with all-wheel drive. We like the design and content - but will wait to see what happens with price. There are a lot of other attractive vehicles in this price range.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Another half baked model introduction? When will GM learn? The days of selling 200k of these a year are over. I think Impala sales will be about the same as the new Taurus.
    Last edited by Pisswilly; 12-07-2012 at 10:16 AM.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Lowboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pisswilly View Post
    Another half baked model introduction? When will GM learn?
    Gone are the days of when GM would release 3 body styles and 3 engine options when launching new vehicle.

Do they offer On-Star delete?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 calgaryhhr's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Chevy HHR 09 Ford Flex Ltd

The availability of the sunroof on the 2LT model seems odd. Why can't it be a stand alone option like many other brands offer? If you get the navigation package on the lower trim you can't get a sunroof.

On the 2LT, the availability of heated seats is pretty odd as well. In order to get heated seats you have to purchase the comfort package but in order to get the comfort package you have to get the Advanced Safety Package and in order to get the Advanced Safety Package you have to get the Convenience Package. Seriously, what are the folks at GM thinking when they put these sorts of things together? I absolutely hate the way that GM packages various items. Adding navigation to a 2LT vehicle requires a Sport Wheel Package (WTF.)

It seems like a 2LT is only a good choice if you don't plan on adding any options because you various packages are so restrictive. The LTZ offers a lot more standard equipment and seems like a much better value.
    Last edited by calgaryhhr; 12-07-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Pontiac GTO M6

Dont take the order guide to heart calgary. There was some wrong info on the ATS and XTS as well.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    13 Charger 8A; 01 PT LTD

Quote Originally Posted by Lowboy View Post
    Gone are the days of when GM would release 3 body styles and 3 engine options when launching new vehicle.

Now they offer three "option" required packages to get the one item you want.
    I usually walk off the lot when I see this game being played.

Yes, wrap the nonstar antenna in aluminum foil. I have some left over from my hat factory.

Quote Originally Posted by calgaryhhr View Post
    The availability of the sunroof on the 2LT model seems odd. Why can't it be a stand alone option like many other brands offer? If you get the navigation package on the lower trim you can't get a sunroof.

On the 2LT, the availability of heated seats is pretty odd as well. In order to get heated seats you have to purchase the comfort package but in order to get the comfort package you have to get the Advanced Safety Package and in order to get the Advanced Safety Package you have to get the Convenience Package. Seriously, what are the folks at GM thinking when they put these sorts of things together? I absolutely hate the way that GM packages various items. Adding navigation to a 2LT vehicle requires a Sport Wheel Package (WTF.)

It seems like a 2LT is only a good choice if you don't plan on adding any options because you various packages are so restrictive. The LTZ offers a lot more standard equipment and seems like a much better value.
    I hate those sort of games. I like the way the current lineup is laid out. It really peeeeeoooooossssses me off when I see (this is just an example, mind you) I have to buy a 12" screen & 20" Pimps in order to get dual zone and cruise. Screw you, GM!

On a related note, opinions, please, on whether the better time to grab a big discount on the current Impala will be end-of year, or at the new model intro?
    Last edited by Neanderthal; 12-07-2012 at 10:55 AM.

13Soul 11 200 V6 07GPGXP 07Spectra 95LHS 04Imp 03Accord 02Regal 02AccordV6 01Accord 99Golf TDi 98Concorde 97Concorde 96Concorde 95Intrepid 94Protege 92SHO 93Protege 92P50Taurus

"There are really no last, final campaigns. Each generation must renew and win again for itself, the precious gift of liberty, and the sacred heritage of freedom." Ronald Wilson Reagan

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by Lowboy View Post

And gone are the days when they would release 3 body styles and 3 engine options that weren't fully vetted and rely on the public to do the last of their durability testing. I'd much rather GM release one engine at a time and get it right without quality issues.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1999 White C5 Coupe View Post
    I think the MSRP on the new Impala models will be "sitcker shock" to Chevrolet and Impala customers. Although, I realize there is a lot of new content and features.

I also wonder how many features and options will go on constraint initially? I wonder how many TSB's will be issued to correct new-vehicle start up defects and problems?

I suspect that after the initial flurry of people who WANT to buy the new Impala because it is new and has many features, GM will quckly be offering discounts and rebates. With the size and weight of the car, I do not think the 4-cylinder models will be in demand to customers that are used to V-6 power in an Impala.

My wife and i have owned a new 2008 & 2011 Impala LTZ, and now own a 2012 Impala LTZ. We wish the car would be offered with all-wheel drive. We like the design and content - but will wait to see what happens with price. There are a lot of other attractive vehicles in this price range.
    Have you seen the base price of 300, Azera or Avalon? They are not cheaper than Impala LT V6. The two cars that are cheaper are Taurus and Charger, but with the 8 speed the Charger is around $28k.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

I'm assuming the new Impala will cause a bump (that GM is expecting) in Malibu sales, for both fleet and retail. Many are buying the current Impala over the Malibu simply on cost. Once that low cost Impala option is gone I bet we see Malibu sales go up. I don't expect the new Impala to have huge sales volumes, and I bet GM doesn't either.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information