2014 Chevrolet Colorado SUV Spy Video - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 Chevrolet Colorado SUV Spy Video

Thanks

Re: 2014 Chevrolet Colorado SUV Spy Video

I still think there is a market for both the Colorado and a Colorado based SUV. The problem with the SUV is how many offerings can Chevy have?

Suburban
    Tahoe
    Traverse
    Equinox
    Rumored smaller SUV
    And now this???

Too much overlap.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Lowboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fredi91 View Post
    I still think there is a market for both the Colorado and a Colorado based SUV. The problem with the SUV is how many offerings can Chevy have?

Suburban
    Tahoe
    Traverse
    Equinox
    Rumored smaller SUV
    And now this???

Too much overlap.
    The Traverse and Equinox would not be in the same catergory. The Sub and Tahoe(Trailblazer) are what I'd consider a true SUV where as the Trav/Nox are not. What I want is something with a 4wd system that has low range which this new SUV would most likely have. The rumored smaller suv and 'nox are more of a crossover IMO.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Terrain/2012/Olympic White

Quote Originally Posted by cemaxc View Post
    I doubt this video is from today... the trees have been pretty green for several months now

It is a pretty neat truck if you get an up-close look at it.
    I ment if you look at the upload date it is from today but maybe they just redid it to keep it fresh i don't know. But thats what i ment.
    Current:
    2012 GMC Terrain AWD SLT-2 with 3.0L
    2007 Sierra 3500 Classic (dad's)x2
    2009 Chevy HHR (Moms hot rod)
    1997 Toyota Corolla (clown car, mom owns)

Past:
    1994 Ford Ranger
    1994 Ford Explorer

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 KingElvis's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '10 DODGE RAM ST RC HEMI 4.10

This is like three months old.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

When no one is in charge, things proceed on autopilot.

GM used to have large full-size BOF trucks and SUVs, then developed FWD 7 passenger CUVs that were slightly smaller, dumping their midsize BOF SUVs. Then they introduced a line of FWD 5 passenger CUVs, and even developed in Europe a C-segment MPV/CUV, the Orlando. The automations said the new Colorado midsize-compact truck is coming and used to have a SUV companion, so let us design one.

Now that they all exist, the bureaucracy on autopilot, decrees that new models, slightly downsized, be designed and offered, since the customary and appropriate time has elapsed.

No one asks... Why?

There is now little difference in size between the vehicles; and when further downsized, there is no difference in size. But the mindless, unguided automatons within the bureaucracy, continue to design now identically sized vehicles, simply because they use to have Equinoxes, Traverse and Tahoes, and must continue to have them, without asking Why?

When will someone open his eyes and question this? Isn't it past time to simply combine, consolidate, and eliminate at least one of these now identical sized SUV/CUV families? And why add a Colorado based SUV, to the mix ?

To ask, is to answer the question. Lt. Dan is NOT in charge and the bureaucracy is running on autopilot.

GMI Staff Writer Premium Member BBDOS CV8's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Holden Monaro (Barbados)

Quote Originally Posted by staspeterson View Post
    When no one is in charge, things proceed on autopilot.

GM used to have large full-size BOF trucks and SUVs, then developed FWD 7 passenger CUVs that were slightly smaller, dumping their midsize BOF SUVs. Then they introduced a line of FWD 5 passenger CUVs, and even developed in Europe a C-segment MPV/CUV, the Orlando. The automations said the new Colorado midsize-compact truck is coming and used to have a SUV companion, so let us design one.

Now that they all exist, the bureaucracy on autopilot, decrees that new models, slightly downsized, be designed and offered, since the customary and appropriate time has elapsed.

No one asks... Why?

There is now little difference in size between the vehicles; and when further downsized, there is no difference in size. But the mindless, unguided automatons within the bureaucracy, continue to design now identically sized vehicles, simply because they use to have Equinoxes, Traverse and Tahoes, and must continue to have them, without asking Why?

When will someone open his eyes and question this? Isn't it past time to simply combine, consolidate, and eliminate at least one of these now identical sized SUV/CUV families? And why add a Colorado based SUV, to the mix ?
    The Equinox and Captiva are merging - probably into a slightly smaller than Equinox vehicle. That's two off your list. I think Nick's already nominated others that are being retired with no replacement.

This is the 'rest of the world' SUV - like the Colorado is a 'rest of the world' truck. Unless they decide to replace models like the Tahoe with it for CAFE reasons.
    • Barbados Series III CV8 'VT Coupe'
    • 245kW LS1
    • T56 six-speed manual
    • GTO PBR 320mm brakes/DBA 4000 vented discs
    • HSV GTO Wheels

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BBDOS CV8 View Post
    The Equinox and Captiva are merging - probably into a slightly smaller than Equinox vehicle. That's two off your list. I think Nick's already nominated others that are being retired with no replacement.

This is the 'rest of the world' SUV - like the Colorado is a 'rest of the world' truck. Unless they decide to replace models like the Tahoe with it for CAFE reasons.
    If they cared that much about CAFE, they'd give wagons SUV status so they can bypass the rules. As a matter of fact, I don't know why they don't come out with a wagon as a separate vehicle just like the Subaru Outback. They can give a crossover or SUV a separate name, not the name of a sedan so why not do it for a wagon?
    AWD wagons
    Feeling Good by David Burns

Biodiesel forum
    http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=447609751
    Fuel documentary
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3CBOdgBlk8

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BBDOS CV8 View Post

I thought he was kind with his statement.

And that's really one--if and when.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information