2014 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Spied Testing

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Spied Testing

GMI Canada Editor Premium Member ne_one's Avatar
    Thanks

Automobile
    January 20, 2013
    by Edward A. Sanchez

While General Motors and Ford are duking it out in the fullsize arena with the showing of the Ford Atlas concept just after the reveal of the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra, GM is already preparing its second truck salvo, one which Ford does not have an answer for in the U.S. market. Despite low sales of the current-generation models, GM has committed to building a second-generation Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon for the U.S. market, the only domestic-brand midsize pickups still in production.

Full article and images at link.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: 2014 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Spied Testing

That thing seems pretty big. Not sure if that's the way to go but since GM doesn't have any domestic competition then I guess they need to base their performance metrics on being better than the Toyota and Nissan.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2002 GMC HighRider ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    That thing seems pretty big. Not sure if that's the way to go but since GM doesn't have any domestic competition then I guess they need to base their performance metrics on being better than the Toyota and Nissan.
    Depending on its looks and it's engine choices (hopefully the 3.6, new 4.3, and the larger 2.8 turbo diesel) this will be my next truck. I hoping this thing is not a joke. NO MORE TORSION BARS GM PLEASE!!!!! If they build this truck right (interior,exterior,power train) they will dominate this small but important market

I hope those circles in the grill are only there for the testing. It certainly doesn't fit Chevrolets new image. Im thinking this is a gas model because of the tailpipe. I know that sounds odd but GM has the habit (an unsightly one at that) of making their US model trucks with a diesel have bazooka type exhaust. Once again I hope GM doesn't screw this up with some weird headlights and squarish wheel wells
    Last edited by ZR2nit; 01-20-2013 at 09:27 PM.
    You can tell that GM really cared about the ATS from day one. If GM cared about all its vehicles that way they would truely be #1.

Past ride: 1996 Reg. Cab S10: LS1 swap, headers, painless wiring, T56 manual, with a built 10 bolt, disc brakes, locker, lowered 3 inches--SOLD TO HELP BUY HOUSE

Current ride: 02 GMC HighRider Zr2: Line-X'd rockers, lifted,33's, winch,manual NP231, & alot more. SOON TO BE SAS w/ D44's on 35's with a 5.3

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    Agreed - seems big, and if it is approaching full size then I will question GM's wisdom - it will end up cannibalizing the full size trucks, further ceeding supremecy in the full size market to Ford.

Thanks
    My Ride
    a car

Hopefully this means we will get a US only Trailblazer. Either way, I am getting one of these in shortbed crew cab, please please, let it have a V8 or a 300 HP DOHC V6.

Get rid of the central nob

Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 AVALANCHE

looking @ the front wheel placement in relation to the NOSE I think there is a LOT of camo built up around the nose/hood to completely cover the lines as the HOOD goes up towards the front before going down @ the "grill" area + the openings for the lights in the Camo are far down the nose

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 Buick Rendezvous /99 GMC

US Colorado supposedly getting a bolder front end than the world version. Hope GM upgrades the interior for the US, too.

Thanks
    My Ride
    1997 Supercharged Acura NSX-T

They better bring their 'A' game because the new Tacoma is set to debut in 2014 for the 2015 model year. With the threat of ever increasing gas prices and stagnate incomes, the company who builds a 35 MPG pickup the size of the first gen S-10 or even the first gen Tacoma ('95-'04) with full-size quality standards and a 3500 lbs towing capacity will have a license to print money.

You can take that to the bank!
    Last edited by Speedjerk; 01-20-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Thanks
    My Ride
    a car

Quote Originally Posted by richmond2000 View Post
    looking @ the front wheel placement in relation to the NOSE I think there is a LOT of camo built up around the nose/hood to completely cover the lines as the HOOD goes up towards the front before going down @ the "grill" area + the openings for the lights in the Camo are far down the nose
    Yes, The departure and approach angles are not ideal

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 Buick Rendezvous /99 GMC

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Agreed - seems big, and if it is approaching full size then I will question GM's wisdom - it will end up cannibalizing the full size trucks, further ceeding supremecy in the full size market to Ford.
    Rumor has it that Ford is preparing an F-100 to compete with the Colorado. So, Ford will have a similar sized truck taking some sales from the F-150.

Thanks
    My Ride
    1997 Supercharged Acura NSX-T

Oops: Ford Ranger Owners Looking to Tacoma, Not F-150, For Replacements

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/oops...#axzz2Ia05z8UM

Thanks

I cant wait for this.. Is there any date yet for its debut? Or when it will go on sale?

Banned
    Thanks

Depending on its looks and it's engine choices (hopefully the 3.6, new 4.3, and the larger 2.8 turbo diesel) this will be my next truck. I hoping this thing is not a joke. NO MORE TORSION BARS GM PLEASE!!!!! If they build this truck right (interior,exterior,power train) they will dominate this small but important market

I hope those circles in the grill are only there for the testing. It certainly doesn't fit Chevrolets new image. Im thinking this is a gas model because of the tailpipe. I know that sounds odd but GM has the habit (an unsightly one at that) of making their US model trucks with a diesel have bazooka type exhaust. Once again I hope GM doesn't screw this up with some weird headlights and squarish wheel wells
    We're on the same page. Give me a modern day Chevrolet ZR2 that's uncompromised in any way and finally I'll have a new Chevrolet in my garage again that's not a Corvette! I'd probably trade off my Super Duty and old ZR2 both for the right new Colorado/S-10.

I agree but have you seen the new Silverado? It's about the size of my Super Duty anyway. It looks bigger than the current HD. Chevy needs something smaller. And slightly bigger than my 02 ZR2 would feel just right to me. Not as small as my old S-10 but not as massive as my Super Duty either.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar red_rider's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '02 Mustang GT '97 Mazda B2300

Quote Originally Posted by Speedjerk View Post
    Oops: Ford Ranger Owners Looking to Tacoma, Not F-150, For Replacements

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/oops...#axzz2Ia05z8UM
    Exactly. Also I hate how everything has to get bigger and more bloated just because it's a new gen.
    Last edited by red_rider; 01-20-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Thanks

GM's next big flop.....that thing looks like a CUV with a bed, not a good thing, the proportions are frumpy like a FWD EPII sedan. Terrible!
    IF IT AINT RWD; AND A CHEVY I DONT RIDE IT!!!!!

ALL CHEVY'S NEED TO BE RWD!!!!!

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information