2013 Malibu Recalled

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Malibu Recalled

Editor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 358 Posts
    Blog Entries

2013 Malibu Recalled

2013 Malibu Recalled
    Cars.com

GM is recalling 8,519 model-year 2013 versions of the Chevrolet Malibu sedan due to suspension bolt problems, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

The affected vehicles may have one or more suspension bolts that weren't adequately tightened. This could lead to a sudden change in handling, increasing the risk of a crash. According to a GM letter to NHTSA, "Initially, noise and a minor handling effect may be noticed. As the condition progresses, sudden changes in the vehicle handling could occur and the driver may not be able to control the vehicle."

Read More...
    "What's noteworthy about this rumor is that it came from GMInsideNews.com. That in itself gives it a bit more credibility." - Edmund's Insideline, June 21, 2008

E-Mail Me

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Re: 2013 Malibu Recalled

Poor Malibu ...

Last day i saw the first one on street. Design seems to be prime reason for its poor selling. It looks big car from outside, Once the person finds the interior is not as big as it looks from outside itself will be the first disagreement for buying...

and all these small bits a pieces adds up .. Only sales it seems now getting only sales from Cruze as Malibu is heavily discounted.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Dodge Durango

Good thing most of them are still on the dealer lots- they won't have far to go to get the problem corrected!
    Get used to more.

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

I actually find the styling of the Malibu attractive, both inside and out. I'm considering it for my next vehicle. It is on a short list along with the Equinox and the 2013 Honda Accord. The Malibu 1LT, with a few additional features such as remote start, rear vision camera, and power seat seems to be a better value than a similarly-priced Honda Accord, which lacks some of those features in its EX trim level.
    Current Vehicles:
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan (Daily Driver)
    2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo "Intimidator" SS, #2,909 of 4,000 (the King of the Garage)

SX3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris322 View Post
    I actually find the styling of the Malibu attractive, both inside and out. I'm considering it for my next vehicle. It is on a short list along with the Equinox and the 2013 Honda Accord. The Malibu 1LT, with a few additional features such as remote start, rear vision camera, and power seat seems to be a better value than a similarly-priced Honda Accord, which lacks some of those features in its EX trim level.
    Accord as all of those features on the EX trim, the base LX does not.

But I agree on the Malibu styling, I like it. The inside is different but still has a premium feel to it.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Ford Explorer/2002/Green

That car is already battered by its competitiors, but at least Chevy is acknowledging a flaw with a fix. The Malibu's exterior is attractive. It's the interior that is a mish mash of designs inspired by picasso. Well, the rear could be more flush.
    I didn't go to math school, so I'm not going to do the math.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 majicbz07's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 GMC Terrain SLT

My dad Just took delivery of his 2013 Malibu last Thursday. I drove it a couple of times and I'm not sure why people keep complaining that its small because its a big car compared to my CTS, even the back seat feels more roomy than my CTS.

Thanks

Heavily discounted??? What the He Double L are you talking about? I wouldn't call $500 dealer cash as heavily discounted. Only the Eco model which cost more to begin with has $1,000 dealer cash. The total B.S. that comes off of this board is sickening. Malibu is a great car no matter what kind of negative b.s. from this board.

Thanks

The Accord's remote start system is an expensive option, and it is horrible. The system does not work like Chevrolet's. Also, to get XM Radio you have to step up to the EX-L trim, and you are forced to take leather interior, which I really don't care for.
    Current Vehicles:
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan (Daily Driver)
    2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo "Intimidator" SS, #2,909 of 4,000 (the King of the Garage)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by Michiganfan View Post
    Heavily discounted??? What the He Double L are you talking about? I wouldn't call $500 dealer cash as heavily discounted. Only the Eco model which cost more to begin with has $1,000 dealer cash. The total B.S. that comes off of this board is sickening. Malibu is a great car no matter what kind of negative b.s. from this board.
    Not sure, but some of the discounts are regional - so depends where you live. I think most on GMI are reacting to the negative press (car mags, etc) mostly stemming from GM's launch of the ECO only model that does not stack up well against the competion. And there is also frustration becuase the car is not class leading in several areas, it's only chance at breaking into Camry volume territory - so I think many view the Malibu as a missed opportunity. GM choose the status-quo vs forwarding the segment (some of the status-quo choice from GM may be due to the bankruptcy forcing their hand a bit).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by majicbz07 View Post
    My dad Just took delivery of his 2013 Malibu last Thursday. I drove it a couple of times and I'm not sure why people keep complaining that its small because its a big car compared to my CTS, even the back seat feels more roomy than my CTS.
    I think people just like to complain. Sat in a couple malibus and a few of its competitors at auto show. None had much of a backseat to speak of. Dont know what the big deal is. I think the interiors look good as well

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

I also sat in the back seat of the Malibu and can not understand what everyone has been complaining about....

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 majicbz07's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 GMC Terrain SLT

Quote Originally Posted by GReekBoy View Post
    I think people just like to complain. Sat in a couple malibus and a few of its competitors at auto show. None had much of a backseat to speak of. Dont know what the big deal is. I think the interiors look good as well
    Glad to know I'm not the only one, another thing is the 2.5 engine, I love it. Its smooth and feels almost effortless definetely doesn't feel like 4 cylinder, mind you the car is new and i really wasn't pushing it but it does do its job well and I can barely hear it. It's not a 250-300hp V6 but it does feel adequate and comparable to say the 2.0T from VW with almost the same hp but more torque.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

This will probably get much more publicity than the one 1.XX million recall for toyoduh last week.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Lowboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EcoBustier69 View Post
    This will probably get much more publicity than the one 1.XX million recall for toyoduh last week.
    Sad but true.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information