GMI Exclusive: 2013 Buick Enclave Interior Shot

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GMI Exclusive: 2013 Buick Enclave Interior Shot

Editor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 326 Posts
    Blog Entries

GMI Exclusive: 2013 Buick Enclave Interior Shot

GMI brings you the first real shot of the 2013 Enclave.
    www.GMInsideNews.com
    March 30, 2012
    By: Nick Saporito

Several weeks ago a GMI member uncovered the 2013 GMC Acadia on GMC's own website hours before its scheduled debut at the Chicago Auto Show, now GMI has done the same with the 2013 Buick Enclave. The new Enclave is the only revised full-size GM crossover that has yet to be fully revealed at this time, but that will change next week at the New York International Auto Show.

As shown from our shot above, the Enclave's interior is receiving a makeover in line with that of the 2013 Acadia and Traverse, which is no surprise. The overall look of the interior appears to be very similar to today's Enclave, though some changes are making a sizable impact. The dash appears to feature higher quality materials, and the gray plastic that plagues the current Enclave's center stack is gone entirely with wood-look trim in place.

GM's latest infotainment system is also visible from the image, including capacitive touch buttons surrounding the display. The new gadgets also prove that Buick's IntelliLink system will be part of the redesign as well.

Expect the 2013 Buick Enclave to be revealed early next week in New York. GMI will have an entire team at the show for constant live coverage.
    "What's noteworthy about this rumor is that it came from GMInsideNews.com. That in itself gives it a bit more credibility." - Edmund's Insideline, June 21, 2008

E-Mail Me

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Re: GMI Exclusive: 2013 Buick Enclave Interior Shot

no push button start! 6.5" screen? I dont like that at all. The verano has a 7" screen!

Thanks
    My Ride
    Terrain/2012/Olympic White

Looks like a good update to me, hopefully can get a more hands on look when visiting the show. I'd say all 3 have the same center area but its a given since its the same kind of space that the controls have to fit into as it is. Looks nice either, definatly better then old one.
    Current:
    2012 GMC Terrain AWD SLT-2 with 3.0L
    2007 Sierra 3500 Classic (dad's)x2
    2009 Chevy HHR (Moms hot rod)
    1997 Toyota Corolla (clown car, mom owns)

Past:
    1994 Ford Ranger
    1994 Ford Explorer

Thanks

Nice improvement. Wish they could have gone a little farther with the tech, but thats certainly far from a deal killer.
    http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=33569&dateline=121996  1440

News Contributor Premium Member V8GMT360 Guy's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    08 Sierra A/T, 09 Envoy Denali

Clearly the least changed of the three on the inside... but still stepping up material quality on all major touch points. It's an MCE. Meh.
    Proud owner of two elegant/classy GMCs:

2008 GMC Sierra "All Terrain" Crew Cab 5.3L/FFV - Stealth Gray Metallic/Ebony
    2009 GMC Envoy Denali 5.3L - Switchblade Silver/Ebony

Future owner of another classy GMC Sierra "All Terrain"

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Very nice! The Enclave's interior was already nice and this upgrade makes it even more so!

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

As an owner of an 08 Enclave I appreciate Buick's approach on this one, If it ain't broke don't fix it.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Quickening's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Range Rover Evoque

Wow. It drives me nuts that the half moon shape sticks out further than the items below it and doesn't connect with anything . . . Even if you were to draw out lines extending past the shape...they don't match up or meet anything.

2012 Range Rover Evoque, 2013 Cadillac ATS
    Past: 2009 Cadillac CTS, 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Will GM EVER figure out how to design an interior where the radio and HVAC aren't so modular? They scream "insert radio here". Most manufacturers do a great job of making HVAC and infotainment integrated, flowing with the contour of the dash, and less conspicuoulsly "inserted" as if it's 1985 with your size 1.5 din Delco cassette player.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 calgaryhhr's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Chevy HHR 09 Ford Flex Ltd

Only thing I can really complain about right now is that analog clock. That thing looks hideous. The chrome trim around it looks way to big/thick. How hard would it have been to do a stylish/simple/tasteful clock?
    Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 04bonnie's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '09 Enclave CX, '04 Bonneville

They took away the trim on the right side of the dash...I was kind of afraid of that. But, overall I'm sure it's a good change, and it still looks very "Enclave" with the clock and vent shape the same in the center. Can't wait for the full reveal on Tuesday. (that's when it's supposed to be)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Premium Member
    Thanks

I think it looks great. The materials looks richer and of better material. I'm really interested to see what the exterior looks like.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fastball View Post
    Will GM EVER figure out how to design an interior where the radio and HVAC aren't so modular? They scream "insert radio here". Most manufacturers do a great job of making HVAC and infotainment integrated, flowing with the contour of the dash, and less conspicuoulsly "inserted" as if it's 1985 with your size 1.5 din Delco cassette player.
    check out interiors of Sonic, regal, Verano, Lacrosse, 2013 Malibu, Encore, etc. GM does a better job than many automakers in making audio units that are integrated into the dash. The lambdas still have the old type of dash architecture and it shows when you see these updates. Thats probably why they are sticking with the smallish 6.5" displays.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks

That wood looks terrible. The rest looks AWESOME. Can't wait for the full reveal.

Thanks

It barely changed at all. I think they are sort of shooting themselves in the foot with this refresh. At least with the interior. It is going to basically have the same interior as the first Enclave, and this is going to have to last until 2015 or so. I was hoping for some more changes to the Buick.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information