With nary a kind word for the diminutive yet sprightly fellow coming from the incorrigibly dour crowd at CR, the timing was perfect for the arrival of the 2013 Spark as this week's tester in the GMI Canada garage.
A clankety, bug-eyed Transformers reject with sub-optimal performance they say? Where is the love?!
Our model is a 1LT equipped with an 84 hp 1.25L four cylinder engine and a 4-speed automatic transmission. Exterior colour is Jalapeño metallic (not to be confused with metallic pee green) with matching cloth bucket seats.
Pricing with destination is $17,945 CDN.
- Observed mileage of 5.1L/100 km highway (46 mpg US) and 6.3L/100 km city (38 mpg US) will appeal to those prioritizing fuel economy.
- MyLink Touch is superb, offering a high resolution display, easy-to-use touch interface with tremendous pairing potential.
- Initial unsightliness of the design becomes quite endearing.
- It's a blast to drive.*
- Get-up-and-go between 1st and 2nd gear is a *wee* bit tardy.
- Premium small car features come at a premium price compared to other compact alternatives.
- Materials are culled from the frugal section of the parts bin.
Questions? Comments? We'll do our best to assist.
*GMI encourages you to drive responsibly and avoid the temptation of hooning micro cars. However, if you have the means, we highly recommend it.