In The Garage: 2013 GMC Acadia Denali

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In The Garage: 2013 GMC Acadia Denali

Editor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 326 Posts
    Blog Entries

In The Garage: 2013 GMC Acadia Denali

The Acadia in the Kansas sunset.

Our Acadia tester found an older brother at Panara Bread...

My ATS with the Acadia. Love what GM is doing with exterior lighting.

NOTES:
    • Love the new design a lot - best of the 2013 Lambda's in my opinion.
    • New interior materials are much improved.
    • Still HATE the low second row seats.
    • New transmission mapping is less eager to upshift (lower RPM, increase FE). It's still apprehensive to downshift.
    Last edited by nsap; 01-20-2013 at 11:07 AM.
    "What's noteworthy about this rumor is that it came from GMInsideNews.com. That in itself gives it a bit more credibility." - Edmund's Insideline, June 21, 2008

E-Mail Me

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Pontiac GTO M6

Re: In The Garage: 2013 GMC Acadia Denali

I agree wholeheartedly on the low second row seats. I noticed it on a ten minute test drive and dont think I could do a long road trip in the second seat if I had to. Our Terrain's seats sat up MUCH higher.

GMI Staff Writer Premium Member ChevyRules's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Saturn Aura XR

Agreed with the best of the refreshed Lambda's. I still haven't warmed up to the Traverse's refresh( the worst of the bunch IMHO). Then again, I didn't quite like the pre-refresh Traverse either....

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'00 Ford Ranger

I'd have to agree with the best as well, with the Enclave a close second.

Proud to drive American. Proud to drive GM.
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    4.2L Vortec 4200 I-6
    Airaid CAI, Gibson Catback Performance Exhaust coming soon...

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks
    My Ride
    03 Chevy Silverado K2500HD

I have an 09 and love it. As for the second row seating, it is low but I have never ridden there so I wouldn't let it stop me from buying a new one. I love the interior and exterior of the new one. I am supposed to be replacing my 03 K2500 with a new truck but I may be replacing my wife's Acadia with a new Acadia.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member GMfan1111's Avatar
    in a undisclosed bunker somewhere in the metro detroit area
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Buick Verano Turbo

been in a few of these as well as the new enclave IMO the enclave gets the win for exterior styling but the Acadia trumps it in interior styling.
    “The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair”

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools".
    - Douglas Adams -

GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Thanks

The Acadia is nice. But the Traverse refresh is pretty awful. Who ever approved that should go stand in the corner.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly on the low second row seats. I noticed it on a ten minute test drive and dont think I could do a long road trip in the second seat if I had to. Our Terrain's seats sat up MUCH higher.
    2nd row seats are terrible. With our 2009 traverse...we ended up taking either our malibu or now our avenger on trips between fl and ny just because the 2nd row is so bad in the lambdas. For large family hauler...this should not be the case.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Have a 2007 Acadia don't care for the front end in 2013 to be honest too stubby compared to the previous model. Was hoping to see a new 7 or 8 speed transmission or other tweaks to improve the MPG over the previous Lambdas but geuss that will have to wait until the next generation. Too bad would have been nice for Lambdas to match the 26 and 20 found in the V6 Pathfinder and Sorento.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member vanshmack's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G8tor View Post
    Have a 2007 Acadia don't care for the front end in 2013 to be honest too stubby compared to the previous model.
    Totally agree, though it does look stubbier in pictures than in person. Either way, that front end is awkward, and I'm still not a fan of the Saturn Outlook rehash, either.

I rather liked the Traverse's MCE, especially the new mustard/brown leather interior.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you have an electrical problem.
    2006 Impala SS: The high-mileage beater.
    2002 Camaro Z28 (M6); 484 RWHP/418 RWTQ. LQ4 block, LS3 heads and intake, LT headers, and enough cam.
    2009 Saturn VUE XE AWD

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

You guys must be giants! I had no problem with the 3rd row of the Acadia when we took a trip to Mizzou for my sisters graduation from here (Chicago). If the 3rd row was fine the 2nd couldnt be that bad!

#Sidenote: Agreed. The Chevy is the worst looking of the trio. Even the Saturn Outlook looked better than the first or updated Traverse. Love the refreshed Enclave and Acadia though. Is Cadillac still getting one when the all new models arrive?
    RedSkyBlackDream

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Pontiac GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkyBlackDream View Post
    You guys must be giants! I had no problem with the 3rd row of the Acadia when we took a trip to Mizzou for my sisters graduation from here (Chicago). If the 3rd row was fine the 2nd couldnt be that bad!

#Sidenote: Agreed. The Chevy is the worst looking of the trio. Even the Saturn Outlook looked better than the first or updated Traverse. Love the refreshed Enclave and Acadia though. Is Cadillac still getting one when the all new models arrive?
    I am a giant. Im 6'5. Although the Lambdas are the largest of the 7-8 person SUVs the second row is the worst of the whole class. Easily.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Thanks

When the Lambas first arrived the thing that most shocked and appealed was the cargo capacity. If I was in need of a people mover that would be the selling factor over the competition. I've been on road trips in my cousins Outlook and I've found no problems with the second row of seating. The styling of the Tranverse is now acceptable in my eyes. The Enclave is still the best looking though inside and out. Hopefully advances in the next gen will keep it competitive.

Current rides: 08' Sunburst Orange Cobalt SS/TC
    12' VW Passat TDI Manual

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

It isn't that the seats are so low--the floor is raised to contain the seat sliding mechanism. They should have redesigned that.

One of the lambdas should have been designed with a lower step-in height to compete with minivans or for people with bad knees or overweight. This is a growing market as America ages and fattens up.

Twice I almost bought a Rendezvous, partly because it was so easy to get in and out of. It was just more vehicle than I wanted and not enough engine.

Love what GM is doing with exterior lighting.
    For exciting things in texture and color, you need to join a Guards regiment.
    Last edited by ral1960; 01-20-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks

I like the Acadia, but mostly in SLT trim with the bright grille, SLE is too plain. Which is the opposite of what I think of the Terrain, prefer Terrain SLE's lack of it.

I'm okay with the Traverse, the rear of it bothered me more and they fixed that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkyBlackDream View Post

You'd be surprised, though the Lambda 3rd row has less space it's actually at a more comfortable height than the 2nd row IMO.

It's because of the sliding/folding design of the 2nd row, with the seat bottom that swings up and the seat slides forward for 3rd row access. Whether it's more because of a low seat bottom or high floor, it forces the rider's knees up.
    "Here's to Mr. Iacocca and his failed experiment, the DeLorean!" - The Office

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information