In the Garage: 2012 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ - Page 7

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: In the Garage: 2012 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ

Banned
    Thanks

Re: In the Garage: 2012 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ

Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    Hang on, what are you talking about?

1) 2013 Lambda's will launch next fall. This is NOT a redesign, just a MCE.

2) The 2.0T is under consideration for the NEXT-GENERATION models, not the 2013's.

3) What does Edge have to do with Lambda?
    I am thinking we will see a new interior and new layout inside? I would love for them to drop the plastic cladding around the Traverse.
    What do you think the MCE will involve?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Ed753's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

Hang on, what are you talking about?

1) 2013 Lambda's will launch next fall. This is NOT a redesign, just a MCE.

2) The 2.0T is under consideration for the NEXT-GENERATION models, not the 2013's.

3) What does Edge have to do with Lambda?
    My statement that got this started was: “The Edge is 12 months into its re-fresh and the Lambda updates are still distant and un-clear…...”
    You then said:
    The updated Lambda's will be out in a year, that is not too unclear.
    And then “others” to be left un-named, piled on with typical childish smart aleck comments……

I know the 2013 Lambda’s are due out in a year and it is just a MCE, but we haven’t had a lot to work with so far, GM's history has been to “show off their new stuff when they have something we might want to see” I fear it’s going to be like the extensive updates the Impala received, or didn't receive, which were basically released the day before (or the day after) the first one rolled off the end of the assembly line.

The Edge doesn't have a lot to do with the Lambda, other than it is a CUV, albeit 5-passenger, that came out in the end of 2006 like the Lambda’s.

I've complimented GM on the ability to maintain Lambda sales and keep incentives low, but most times I do asterisk that statement with the closing of SH and the major cut in production/forecast that resulted as a significant reason.

I want to like it, and I’m still eagerly waiting for some numbers on the “Easy to get good real world fuel economy.”

I guess I should just expect a hard time …. “A GM guy that loves Toyota’s ( ) driving a couple Fiat’s” but it’s funny that I get treated worse than others, that fake who they are and hide what they own and drive.

Take Care,
    Ed

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    6" W/B and 8" Overall Actually.........

You really don't consider these to be in the same class?

Exactly..........

See here:

Drive them both. They are not close to the same. It's about like driving a trail blazer ext verses a tahoe. There is a noticable difference in room and size. Look at the length and wheelbase differences as well as the third row volume. I have driven the both a pretty good amount (we have explorers at work and Lambda's as rentals), there s a huge difference in room, specifically in width. Sometimes the way things are measured don't show the real world. For example note the way width is measured in your chart. It's tread to tread which has nothing to do with interior width. Some people in here have already talked about it but measure the distance between the front seats. Your much more shoulder to shoulder with the explorer.
    Last edited by spd98; 09-27-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Editor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 326 Posts
    Blog Entries

I know the 2013 Lambda’s are due out in a year and it is just a MCE, but we haven’t had a lot to work with so far, GM's history has been to “show off their new stuff when they have something we might want to see” I fear it’s going to be like the extensive updates the Impala received, or didn't receive, which were basically released the day before (or the day after) the first one rolled off the end of the assembly line.

Take Care,
    Ed
    Since this post I have seen the 2013 Enclave, the Lambda updates are more extensive than I previously thought. There is little question that that they will remain at the top of the segment.
    Last edited by nsap; 09-27-2011 at 01:16 PM.
    "What's noteworthy about this rumor is that it came from GMInsideNews.com. That in itself gives it a bit more credibility." - Edmund's Insideline, June 21, 2008

E-Mail Me

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Since this post I have seen the 2013 Enclave, the Lambda updates are more extensive than I previously thought. There is little question that that they won't remain at the top of the segment.
    Any word on the Cadillac Lambda variant, or on if the LFX variant used will be the same output as the SRX?

Editor
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    Any word on the Cadillac Lambda variant, or on if the LFX variant used will be the same output as the SRX?
    The Cadillac is still a long time off. People are getting the MCE and redesign confused. The redesign is 2015/2016, which is when the Cadillac will launch. No one in their right mind would want a Cadillac off of today's Lambda chassis. It's too weak to deal with more than the LFX. The Cadillac Lambda needs the LF3 (TTV6).

No idea on the LFX output. Historically the 3.6 has always been on the high side in the Lambdas due to air flow, so I would assume that will continue.
    Last edited by nsap; 09-27-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    "What's noteworthy about this rumor is that it came from GMInsideNews.com. That in itself gives it a bit more credibility." - Edmund's Insideline, June 21, 2008

E-Mail Me

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

The Cadillac is still a long time off. People are getting the MCE and redesign confused. The redesign is 2015/2016, which is when the Cadillac will launch. No one in their right mind would want a Cadillac off of today's Lambda chassis. It's too weak to deal with more than the LFX. The Cadillac Lambda needs the LF3 (TTV6).

No idea on the LFX output. Historically the 3.6 has always been on the high side in the Lambdas due to air flow, so I would assume that will continue.
    Thank you for the information, I know this is only the MCE but did not know if they revealed any info about future plans. I guess I can quit dreaming about a Gen V DI V8 for the Cadillac Lambda variant or for an Enclave Super model.

Editor
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    Thank you for the information, I know this is only the MCE but did not know if they revealed any info about future plans. I guess I can quit dreaming about a Gen V DI V8 for the Cadillac Lambda variant or for an Enclave Super model.
    Yeah. If Enclave gets any higher output engine, it will be the TTV6.

E-Mail Me

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Ed753's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

Quote Originally Posted by spd98 View Post
    Drive them both. They are not close to the same. It's about like driving a trail blazer ext verses a Tahoe. There is a noticeable difference in room and size. Look at the length and wheelbase differences as well as the third row volume. I have driven the both a pretty good amount (we have explorers at work and Lambda's as rentals), there s a huge difference in room, specifically in width. Sometimes the way things are measured don't show the real world. For example note the way width is measured in your chart. It's tread to tread which has nothing to do with interior width. Some people in here have already talked about it but measure the distance between the front seats. Your much more shoulder to shoulder with the explorer.
    We'll agree to disagree, I never said they were the EXACT same size!

So now if two cars drive different they are in a different class!?

If you go to a Chevy dealer and tell them you want a 3-Row SUV, where do the point you? Traverse, Tahoe, Suburban

If you go to a Ford dealer and tell them you want a 3-Row SUV, where do the point you? Explorer, Expedition, Expedition EL

I'm not even going to ask you to Mfg. Class 2-door sports cars, because by your criteria, you'd have a different class for almost every brand.

The Edge is 12 months into its re-fresh and the Lambda updates are still distant and un-clear...........
    Since this post I have seen the 2013 Enclave, the Lambda updates are more extensive than I previously thought. There is little question that that they will remain at the top of the segment.
    Thanks for the info, and confirming that we are indeed "un-clear" of said changes.

Def: Distant, Far away in space or time. (again I was comparing the release of said vehicle and its update status comparing the Edge which came out at the same time)
    Def: Un-clear, Not obvious or definite.

Banned
    Thanks

A New Interior?

Editor
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    A New Interior?
    New front clip, new interior and new technology.

E-Mail Me

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2009 Mazda 3 Hatch

Does the new content bring up the Enclave to current Buick standards, or are there some things totally new to Buick- heck, even GM- in there?

Editor
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt.w View Post
    Does the new content bring up the Enclave to current Buick standards, or are there some things totally new to Buick- heck, even GM- in there?
    Most of the new features are not "new" to GM. Over the next couple of years you will see technology proliferate the GM lineup quickly for cheap prices. An example of this is GM offering Land Departure Warning and Forward Collision Alert as a $295 option on the 2012 Equinox/Terrain.

You guys will like the new Enclave design. For as good as the current one looks, the new one is about 10x better.

E-Mail Me

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 91fairladyZ's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 GMC Acadia SLT2 Silver

Most of the new features are not "new" to GM. Over the next couple of years you will see technology proliferate the GM lineup quickly for cheap prices. An example of this is GM offering Land Departure Warning and Forward Collision Alert as a $295 option on the 2012 Equinox/Terrain.

You guys will like the new Enclave design. For as good as the current one looks, the new one is about 10x better.
    Hate you When do we hear about this stuff?

Banned
    Thanks

If I can get an Enclave with Mylink and 7 passager sitting for around $36K... I might not even wait for the Chevrolet redesign.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information