GM Inside News Forum banner

Wow - looks like a Corvette

10K views 76 replies 39 participants last post by  voyager 
#1 ·
Ferrari Unveils Limited Edition F12tdf with 770 HP
Ferrari is paying homage to its success at the Tour de France with a limited edition, hardcore F12tdf model.
Jodi Lai/AutoGuide
October 13, 2015

If you had doubts that the Corvette was a good-looking, stylish sports car when it was redesigned, perhaps you need to be reminded of the old adage: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Read all about it in the above link, but the original may be your style.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think Ferrari looked like that first. I remember stories of the C6 "copying" the Ferrari look when it was unveiled years ago.

In the real world, I highly doubt these two cars get mistaken for one another.

Reactions: SP1966
#12 · (Edited)
Exactly BAM!!! I'd spend most of my time at the dealership. And please bring up the miniscule amount of C7 engine issues in relation to the number on the road

#17 ·
Proving again that GM has a Porsche BRAND competitor and it needs to move on it pronto. Screw the purists.. Porsche did. NO reason in the world why there shouldn't be a Corvette brand at this point. A TRUE "Excitement Brand."

Reactions: 0fxxk0
#16 ·
this Ferrari looks like a Corvette-based expensive Ferrari replica.

#27 ·
I think it's more the case looks have been converging for decades - safety, aerodynamics, even things like spidery-spoke wheel designs.

I think Ferrari had this 'look' first - the Corvette maintains the traditional 'cab-on-top' 3-box look, the Ferrari more the 'integrale' GT-sports ****pit. Also, while Ferraris are associated with the blood red racers, that yellow has been a constant Ferrari colour for decades, too. I think the colour (possibly bodged a little in photoshop) and angle certainly contribute to an exaggerated 'sameness' that would not be apparent in the flesh if they were sitting side by side.

I think most people would be proud to own either or both these - the C7 design certainly kicked the Corvette can a long way down the road, as shown in sales.

#33 ·
The Ferrari doesn't look bad at all.
I'd like to see a new Civic slated between the Ferarri and Vette for comparison.
Because vtec.

#42 ·
We should all siiiiiiiiiigh because for the love of GOD I thought a thread without a certain poster from SF would at the very least... give us a break from having to talk about watches. Damn it!!!! I don't even look at my watch anymore for the time. That's what cell phones are for in 2015

Reactions: CarFreak77
#68 ·
I have no problem with having intelligent conversations so that crowd never bores me or intimidates me. I love asking these bozos why they would pay 2 or 3 times the price of a corvette if their crap box can't out run it!

That's why I say it's junk, same performance for 2 or 3 times the cost!

#69 · (Edited)
As I said - horses for courses.

They simply are not buying them as just performance cars, they are buying them as exotics, amongst many other reasons having to do with marque history and culture etc....

Those Bozo's would likely equate your question of why pay more for something that can'y outrun a Corvette with a question such as; why pay more for a Bel Aire Mansion when it can't house as many people as a block of apartments in East LA?

Horses for courses...

;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.