UPDATE: New GM Incentives (Loyalty + Top Off) Offer Great Lease Deals! - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: New GM Incentives (Loyalty + Top Off) Offer Great Lease Deals!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Re: Early GM Mailing Gives Peek At Upcoming Incentives; GM Card Top Off & Loyalty Ret

Quote Originally Posted by krusshall View Post
    I do like the Malibus but I don't buy a new car all that often and if I do splurge then I want something "newer" than the Malibu which is near the end of this body style. Plus the Regal or Cruze has the manual transmission which I prefer.

Oh who knows! Last time I chose a Trailblazer because the discount (employee pricing for all plus rebates plus GM Card) was too good to pass up!
    Definitely get the car you want..No question about it...yet the malibu 39K 39 month lease if you have 3 grand in bonus points and GM throws another grand on top of it...would literally cost you zero down and 105 dollars a month..

Thats a total of 4100 dollars for 39 months of usuage...

You couldn't beat that deal with a stick....105 a month no money down..but if you prefer the equinox or Regal or cruze ..I totally understand...

The only thing I might suggest is that if you look at what the equinox or regal might cost you? and lets say it ends up being (and I"m just guessing) after your bonus points 355 a month?

Take the 105 a month for 39 months...and subtract that from the 355 for the regal or equinox...and your saving 9750 dollars...

Take that 9750 you saved over the 39 months and you've got a hell of a down payment on say a nice preowned corvette that has little or no mileage and has been sitting in someones garage its whole life ....all for say a total of 20 grand..so your half way there....

the other ten needed for that immaculate corvette or better yet a CTS V? you'll have saved up on your own or you'll just borrow the difference ...

I apologize up front ...but 105 dollars a month for a 39 month lease is such a killer deal that if I was shopping for a car right now...I'd probably buy it. The malibu that I test drove that sold for the numbers I'm talking about was a nice clean crisp looking professional sedan and the numbers were so low....how could a person not consider it..

I personally believe the entire year...the malibu will be running these kinds of promos or at least until GM runs down the inventory they built up just prior to the IPO..

NOt saying what to do..one way or the other....just throwing out a perspective that should be considered..

I drove te malibu base 4 cylinder and at 182 hp I thought it was a nice car. As an owner at 51 years old with both a corvette and a 304 hp AWD CTS..I really was impressed with every aspect of the malibu save one thing..

The plastic on the steering wheel was REALLY cheap..but for 105 dollars a month...WHO CARES!!! LOL

Sorry for the rant..Its only because we GM enthusiasts sharing this great site.

Wouldn't it be cool cruising in the that nice malibu paying 105 bucks a month knowing at the end of the 39 month lease you were buying that cool low mileage barely used preowned CTS V or Corvette? and that your payments if you saved no other money than the money you saved on that low low 105 dollar a month lease you'd be cruising in a beautiful CTS V or Vette for 250 a month for 3 or 4 years ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: Early GM Mailing Gives Peek At Upcoming Incentives; GM Card Top Off & Loyalty Ret

For one thing a regal will not cost 355 per month. Nice try. If you paid any attention to the comercials the regal is going for 259.00 per month with nothing down. A malibu is a entry level tin can.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Quote Originally Posted by SALESRODENT View Post
    For one thing a regal will not cost 355 per month. Nice try. If you paid any attention to the comercials the regal is going for 259.00 per month with nothing down. A malibu is a entry level tin can.
    Hey thanks! I don't watch every commercial and was just shooting the breeze. I just assumed a 27 grand Regal would have cost 50 percent for the 3 years...

If its only 259 a month and the gentleman has 3 grand in bonus points and then another grand from gm?

That would be sweet too.

139 a month for the regals an even better deal..(154 if GM doesn't offer anything on the regal above and beyond the 3 grand you have accumulated)

Thats cool too.

FWiw..THE MALIBU is not an entry level tin can.. as far as I can tell but opinions are varied so I certainly respect your choice.

Good luck with the regal especially at the low cost available recently..

Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Mercedes-Benz C320 4Matic

This is confusing, as usual.

I got a buddy who has 4 GRAND in GM Card points.
    Will he be able to use 'em?
    The redemption allowances rarely allow any more than half that...
    I got tired of waiting for GM to make a FWD convertible.

2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Sport Spyder
    2005 Mercedes-Benz C320 4Matic

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Acadia

Ugggh! On 12/31/2010 I turned in my 08 Equinox for a 2011 Equinox and used $1000 of my GM Card earnings towards the Equinox (the max allowable with my card) plus I had another $500.00 in Bonus Cash that expired on 1/3/11 (today) that I applied towards the Equinox.

Today in the mail I received the earning top off of $3000 plus $1000 Owner Loyalty Cash for a total of $4000! I wish I only waited a few more days to get the Equinox. The additional $2500 would have lowered my payments considerably or I could have included a few more options (i.e. Navigation). And the whole time I was worried that I would lose the $500 Bonus Cash is I waited. Bummer.

2014 GMC Acadia
    2011 Equinox
    2002 Impala

lam
    Premium Member Premium Member lam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by impala02 View Post
    Ugggh! On 12/31/2010 I turned in my 08 Equinox for a 2011 Equinox and used $1000 of my GM Card earnings towards the Equinox (the max allowable with my card) plus I had another $500.00 in Bonus Cash that expired on 1/3/11 (today) that I applied towards the Equinox.

Today in the mail I received the earning top off of $3000 plus $1000 Owner Loyalty Cash for a total of $4000! I wish I only waited a few more days to get the Equinox. The additional $2500 would have lowered my payments considerably or I could have included a few more options (i.e. Navigation). And the whole time I was worried that I would lose the $500 Bonus Cash is I waited. Bummer.
    Thank you for buying Equinox!

Oh well if GM becomes the World's Largest Automaker for 2010, wouldn't the extra money be worth it so Toyota would no longer be number 1st?

Thanks
    My Ride
    BMW and GMC

Does this represent an additional savings opportunity or does it merely replace the holiday promotions ending today? Does anyone know?

There were existing "Holiday Event" rebates on many GM vehicle expiring today. If the GM Card deal will be put in place along with an extension of current rebates, then it would represent an additional savings opportunity but if not, it is merely a new marketing technique for the same savings opportunities.

I am not familiar enough with GM's promotions and rebate programs to make an assessment. Maybe somebody else has a better feel for that.
    Last edited by Ci2Eye; 01-03-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 GTO, 2013 VOLT

Just found my loyalty letter, over 1k of mine topped off to 2k, plus 1k in loyalty. They still have a way to go, when they get to 10k in loyalty, I will come in a buy. That is what I lost on GM stock. Till then I'll just keep the GTO and HHR going, Should be no problem, I figure maybe in 5yrs, then Ill buy.
    Goldman Sachs , AIG , Wells Fargo, Berkshire Hathaway , UAW, & SEIU.......Todays organized crime mobs

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Ed753's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

Quote Originally Posted by Ci2Eye View Post
    Does this represent an additional savings opportunity or does it merely replace the holiday promotions ending today? Does anyone know?

There were existing "Holiday Event" rebates on many GM vehicle expiring today. If the GM Card deal will be put in place along with an extension of current rebates, then it would represent an additional savings opportunity but if not, it is merely a new marketing technique for the same savings opportunities.

I am not familiar enough with GM's promotions and rebate programs to make an assessment. Maybe somebody else has a better feel for that.
    You are very close, typically this time of year, they come out with a varying "kicker" promotion each month, trying to sway the fence-riders over the edge and buy. Most of the time it touches different people/groups, demographics. i.e. December was Holiday Bonus, which everybody gets, but base rebates were pretty low in most cases. January GM Card Bonus and Loyalty (so if you don't have a GM Card or a current GM Car, you don't get much). Then they'll come out with a Presidents Day sale, Auto Show Bonus Cash (when the Auto Show is in your area), etc.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by impala02 View Post

Actually you didn't lose anything. Even with the "bonus" deal, the redemption allowance is capped at $1,000 on that vehicle. Even if they give you $3000....you can only use the max allowed on any specific vehicle. Also, I've been a GM card holder for six years....and they run this same promotion every January....it's a slow time of the year

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

When you are bumped up , you can use what ever they state you can. It can be 2,000 or 3,000 or whatever, The caps are waived for the allowed cars.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

I got topped of to 3000. The mailer says you can use the total allowance on the approved vehicles.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

I'm surprised to see the 2011 Camaro included in the Loyalty. I was upgraded to $3000 as well. So, $4K off the best deal on a Camaro SS...mmmmmmm don't think the wife would go for that.

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    WRONG! I've done it 2 of the last 3 years. Its not always exactly the same, but it is offered and stack-able.
    Are you sure about this. I got the mailer yesterday, and it specifically states that you cant combine the $2k with the GM Family or Supplier discount. If you could, then I would definately be in.

So far, I could get
    $2k top Off
    +
    $1k loyalty
    +
    $2k existing discount (or 60 months 0% interest financing)
    =$5k

on a brand new Acadia. MMmmm, that sounds tempting. I wonder if I could just nogotiate the price first, and then whip out the extra $3k.

Walking
    Thanks

Re: UPDATE: New GM Incentives (Loyalty + Top Off) Offer Great Lease Deals!

This is great news! I never knew that one could use more than the usual allowance points. GM must be targeting all the people that have a lot of points.
    I have 4000+ points, so I hope they send me this new deal.
    It would mean that my new 2011 Traverse AWD LT would be:
    33990 (price I get through work)
    -2000 (vehicle allowance)
    -1000 (loyalty for my 2008 Saturn Vue)
    -4000+(GM card points)
    ------------------------------------
    26990 (maybe more if they top me off)!!!

And thats before I even put any money down!!
    Looks like I can buy with a 6 yr term for around $385 per month. (I would out at least 3000 down and have excellent credit)

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information