GM Inside News Forum banner

Incentive Alert: Great auto magazine deal

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  b4z 
#1 ·

FOUR YEARS of Car & Driver magazine for the price of ONE.

I took this deal about six months ago, and can report that it is legitimate. I paid $15 by credit card and my subscription information does indeed show an expiration date three and a half years from now. Best part: Unlike Amazon, there is no automatic renewal (often at the full rate).

You get 48 issues for $47.88. Use coupon code "DEALNEWS" and the price is lowered to $15...for 4 years. Keep an eye out at checkout for additional offers.

Click this LINK for more information.

See less See more
#2 ·
Usually with offers like this, the selling company keeps the payment, while the magazine in question simply gets an additional, locked-in long term reader. Good for circulation numbers, good for the consumer, but not-so-good for the bottom line of the company.

I would imagine the day is coming where economics justify that all print media will be online only. I will miss holding the paper-based products.

#6 ·
Usually with offers like this, the selling company keeps the payment, while the magazine in question simply gets an additional, locked-in long term reader. Good for circulation numbers, good for the consumer, but not-so-good for the bottom line of the company.

I would imagine the day is coming where economics justify that all print media will be online only. I will miss holding the paper-based products.
I have been receiving a print newspaper at the door for decades. Just went to e-paper 4 days a week and print copy on Fri, Sat Sun. Actually pretty cool. Layout is identical to print copy with thumbnails to go directly to a certain page. May go to e-paper 7 days but something about holding a real paper in my hands over morning coffee on weekends that has a special charm. We'll see. Print circulation is on it's way out anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.