GM Names Melissa Howell to Lead Global Human Resources

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GM Names Melissa Howell to Lead Global Human Resources

News Contributor
    Thanks

GM
    February 19, 2013

DETROIT – General Motors today appointed Melissa Howell as Vice President, Global Human Resources, effective immediately.

Howell has more than two decades of experience in GM Human Resources, supporting Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, Corporate Staffs and Manufacturing Engineering. She has worked in Compensation, Benefits and Labor Relations and held key assignments in Europe, Asia and North America.

“Melissa’s global experience, relationships and knowledge of the business will serve her well in leading GM Human Resources,” said GM Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Dan Akerson. “Her no-nonsense counsel and proven track record as a business partner and change agent will benefit the total GM team.”

Howell, 46, will report to Akerson and serve on the company’s Executive Operations Committee. She succeeds Cindy Brinkley, who decided to leave GM to pursue other opportunities.

Howell joined GM in 1990 as a Labor Relations representative at the Willow Run Assembly Plant in Michigan. She is an active volunteer in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program in Detroit, a member of the Board of Trustees for the Judson Center in Royal Oak, Mich., and serves on the program committee for Inforum Michigan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Re: GM Names Melissa Howell to Lead Global Human Resources

Good luck to her. Can't say I'm a big fan of HR - I work for a Fortune 50 company and our HR is constantly foisting overbearing review processes for midyear and annual reviews, etc.. Their rules get the general employee absolutely nowhere except for additional work....

Editor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,426 Times in 326 Posts
    Blog Entries

She has her work cut out for her. As someone who has deal with GM and most other OEM's from a job seeker perspective, I can say GM is the worst!
    "What's noteworthy about this rumor is that it came from GMInsideNews.com. That in itself gives it a bit more credibility." - Edmund's Insideline, June 21, 2008

E-Mail Me

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 plane's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    She has her work cut out for her. As someone who has deal with GM and most other OEM's from a job seeker perspective, I can say GM is the worst!
    You simply cannot arrive for an employment interview wearing cargo shorts, triple popped zods and crocs.
    I thought this was common knowledge?

Last edited by plane; 02-19-2013 at 09:31 PM.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

Edmund Burke

Thanks

You forgot her headshot:
    2007 Volvo S60R
    2005 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T
    1999 BMW 328i Convertible
    1998 Ford Explorer Sport

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Good luck to her. Can't say I'm a big fan of HR - I work for a Fortune 50 company and our HR is constantly foisting overbearing review processes for midyear and annual reviews, etc.. Their rules get the general employee absolutely nowhere except for additional work....
    The purpose of the personnel dept. is to protect the corporation its employees. While that in and of itself is not negative, too often it ends up an overbearing and pointless drag on the productive employees, as it commodotizes everyone as the lowest common denominator. Could say it encourages deadwood...
    2007 Volvo S60R
    2005 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T
    1999 BMW 328i Convertible
    1998 Ford Explorer Sport

SX3
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '06 Altima, '13 Sonic Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    Same boat with the same results for me too.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information