GM to Further Differentiate Interiors and Exteriors of Redesigned SUV Family - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GM to Further Differentiate Interiors and Exteriors of Redesigned SUV Family

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 donmateo's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Impala LTZ "Nancy"

Re: GM to Further Differentiate Interiors and Exteriors of Redesigned SUV Family

The Rover interior is lightyears better than even the Esky Platinum, and I would own both if I could. There is just no comparison, sorry.
    www.basilonestopshop.com
    Basil One-Stop Shop BBM Channel: C00120B93
    Basil One-Stop Shop BBM Customer Service Chat Available

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    96 Viper GTS/11 MINI Cooper S

Re: GM to Further Differentiate Interiors and Exteriors of Redesigned SUV Family

You know, if GM would hire some executives who actually knew something about the automotive industry, they would not have to spend millions on clinics to tell these guys basic crap like "truck buyers want an interior that looks like a truck". Coke Can Dan, did you know that sports car buyers like a car that is fun to drive? Oh, and people who buy economy cars like them to get good gas mileage. Take notes, I know I'm coming at you fast with this stuff.....Luxury car buyers like a fancy car.
    Toyota--The Official Vehicle of Terrorist Everywhere

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Quote Originally Posted by donmateo View Post
    The Rover interior is lightyears better than even the Esky Platinum, and I would own both if I could. There is just no comparison, sorry.
    In the Escalade's defense it is 6 years old, and soon to be replaced by an all new truck as well as simply not being in the same class as the Range Rover.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Impala LTZ "Nancy"

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    In the Escalade's defense it is 6 years old, and soon to be replaced by an all new truck as well as simply not being in the same class as the Range Rover.
    Oh, I agree. I won't argue one iota about that. I would say I still prefer the 2007 Rover Interior to the 2007 Esky. In all honesty, neither interior changed much from 2007-2012, though the Rover, as we all know, has had the same basic setup since 03 MY. I still think it's a nicer layout. I cannot vouch for actually being in either, but I will say if I had the choice between one or the other, a 2007+ Rover would win. I would buy both if possible, though.
    www.basilonestopshop.com

News Contributor Premium Member V8GMT360 Guy's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    08 Sierra A/T, 09 Envoy Denali

I cannot vouch for actually being in either,
    Guess what this means for the credibility of your opinion?
    Proud owner of two elegant/classy GMCs:

2008 GMC Sierra "All Terrain" Crew Cab 5.3L/FFV - Stealth Gray Metallic/Ebony
    2009 GMC Envoy Denali 5.3L - Switchblade Silver/Ebony

Future owner of another classy GMC Sierra "All Terrain"

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Oh, I agree. I won't argue one iota about that. I would say I still prefer the 2007 Rover Interior to the 2007 Esky. In all honesty, neither interior changed much from 2007-2012, though the Rover, as we all know, has had the same basic setup since 03 MY. I still think it's a nicer layout. I cannot vouch for actually being in either, but I will say if I had the choice between one or the other, a 2007+ Rover would win. I would buy both if possible, though.
    I have extensive ownership experience with both, and I will agree that the Range Rover is better inside. But it starts higher than 3 row full size luxury SUV money, and it is only a mid size luxury SUV.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Impala LTZ "Nancy"

Quote Originally Posted by V8GMT360 Guy View Post
    Guess what being a d*ck means for the credibility of your character?
    www.basilonestopshop.com

Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Impala LTZ "Nancy"

To continue, it says nothing about my "credibility" because I simply said I prefer the layout of the Rover which would not require any hands on experience. Although, in reality it wouldn't matter either way since it's my OPINION not an argument of fact anyways.

Maybe you should have an editor look at your forum posts before you submit them, Mr. News Contributor...
    www.basilonestopshop.com

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 vcs2600's Avatar
    Thanks

Clearly creating 5 different interiors is too inconvenient for one of the largest auto companies in the world.
    Yeah, it's funny how various doomed-from-the-start Oldsmobile and Pontiac models got highly differentiated interiors, but the money-maker products only get some slightly different trim snap-ins.

To be fair though, the SUVs are likely living on borrowed time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GG_TECH View Post
    There is a downside on going independent in aesthetics on similar GM brands and that is commonality. Commonality insures volume for parts manufactured are always lower in price for those common parts. I expect the prices to stay up not down for vehicles whose parts are not common throughout GM brands.
    Other companies seem to be able to do it...

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 funkypunnk's Avatar
    Thanks

Today, the front-end styling of the Tahoe and the Suburban are nearly identical to the Silverado
    Only if you are Mr Magoo, they don't even look close, and haven't for more than 10 years except for the 1st gen Avalanche WBH.
    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

2008 Suburban Z71
    2008 Pontiac G8
    1970 Pontiac LeMans Sport
    1966 Pontiac Catalina Ventura Convertible
    1960 Buick LeSabre Convertible

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Smaart Aas Saabr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z/28orss View Post
    the escalade interior

Tahoe

range rover ?

not sure if serious?
    What do you mean, the fit and finish of the GM is awful in comparison. Just look at the gaps between the parts! Ignore the shapes and just look at how it is made.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

To continue, it says nothing about my "credibility" because I simply said I prefer the layout of the Rover which would not require any hands on experience. Although, in reality it wouldn't matter either way since it's my OPINION not an argument of fact anyways.

Maybe you should have an editor look at your forum posts before you submit them, Mr. News Contributor...
    Trust me. Him attacking your credibility is irrelevant. Although I've been in both, even if I hadn't Stevie Wonder could even see that the Range Rover had the better interior. I could care less what anyone says about them not being in the same class. The Escalade is a luxury SUV that can cost near 90 grand in top trim so there is NO excuse.

By the way Cadillac is my favorite brand.
    RedSkyBlackDream

CJH
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Audi A6 4.2, Durango LTD 5.7L

Quote Originally Posted by V8GMT360 Guy View Post
    Doesn't matter if he is correct.

The Escalade interior is solid for when it came out, and a drastic improvement over the previous version, but not in the same class as the RR. Mercedes redesigned the GL and a new RR is coming out shortly. Caddy needs to continue to progress on their interior designs and materials. They also need an 8-speed, whether its internal or sourced from ZF. The Supercharged 6.2L should have been available in a V version as well.
    Past Rides:
    Audi S4 2.7TT
    Ford Explorer 5.0L
    Pontiac Grand AM 3.4L
    Chevy Corsica 3.0L

News Contributor Premium Member V8GMT360 Guy's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    08 Sierra A/T, 09 Envoy Denali

Guess what being a d*ck means for the credibility of your character?
    Actually, no. All I was saying is that an opinion based on hearsay holds a lot less weight than one based on having actually been in and seen/felt interior materials and construction. I have been in both and I hate to break it to you, but the RR is not really better on construction, and while the material quality is slightly better, it is only a *slight* difference. When it comes to roominess and utility, the Escalade has the RR beat hands down and that is more important from an empirical standpoint.
    Proud owner of two elegant/classy GMCs:

2008 GMC Sierra "All Terrain" Crew Cab 5.3L/FFV - Stealth Gray Metallic/Ebony
    2009 GMC Envoy Denali 5.3L - Switchblade Silver/Ebony

Future owner of another classy GMC Sierra "All Terrain"

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information