GM to Further Differentiate Interiors and Exteriors of Redesigned SUV Family - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GM to Further Differentiate Interiors and Exteriors of Redesigned SUV Family

GMI Staff Member Premium Member NoStopN's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '02 Sierra HT (Stepside)

Re: GM to Further Differentiate Interiors and Exteriors of Redesigned SUV Family

Quote Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
    I don't think you're reading this right...

I read it to mean "In the past, our fullsize pickups and our fullsize SUVs used to have identical interiors. Now we've realized that truck buyers want truckish interiors and SUV buyers want carish interiors. So we'll make sure we give the SUVs a completely different interior... so for this generation, there will be the truck interior for our single fullsize pickup model (available with either a Chevy or a GMC badge/grille) and there will be the totally different SUV interior, which we will be using in the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban/YukonXL clone family."

So, it's not at all about giving Chevy and GMC different interiors... it's about the ChevyGMC pickup twins having one interior and the ChevyGMC SUV twins another.
    I think this is what they are trying to say. With my eyes, the Silverado & Tahoe don't look very similar in exterior appearance. Ditto for the Sierra & Yukon. Most pictures I've seen of the current trucks' interiors appear to be the top of the line models.
    Last edited by NoStopN; 12-24-2012 at 08:05 PM.

"Don't think of it as a slap. Think of it as a high 5.....for your stupid face." How I Met Your Mother--January 13, 2014

I love you, Dad. 8/25/57-3/28/11

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: GM to Further Differentiate Interiors and Exteriors of Redesigned SUV Family

Quote Originally Posted by Novak454 View Post
    Me thinks this be more advertizin' than realizin' - Popeye.
    ...and "spinach" Popeye don't lie!
    2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 1.4LT 6A
    2009 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L/SFI 4A
    2004 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L/MFI 4A

1971 Dodge Charger 318 3A
    1970½ Plymouth AAR 'Cuda 340/6BBL 4M
    1968 Dodge Charger 383 3A
    1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 383 4M
    1965 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 273 4M

Thanks
    My Ride
    Ford Explorer/2002/Green

Quote Originally Posted by Ambalanche View Post
    I could've sworn I read somewhere that the Silverado and Sierra were going to be more differenciated from each other, but they look more alike than ever!
    It appears that they meant trucks vs suv, not chevy vs gmc.
    I didn't go to math school, so I'm not going to do the math.

News Contributor Premium Member V8GMT360 Guy's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    08 Sierra A/T, 09 Envoy Denali

Frankly I find that I am more of an "SUV customer who needs the versatility of a truck" -- I actually want the refinement of an SUV/car-like interior to be available for my pickup, so I honestly think the GMT900 strategy of offering both looks in the trucks is/was a good thing. Being that both the trucks and SUVs ride on the same platform and share common dimensions in a lot of areas, it really shouldn't be that difficult or expensive to still allow for two different options in the trucks.
    Proud owner of two elegant/classy GMCs:

2008 GMC Sierra "All Terrain" Crew Cab 5.3L/FFV - Stealth Gray Metallic/Ebony
    2009 GMC Envoy Denali 5.3L - Switchblade Silver/Ebony

Future owner of another classy GMC Sierra "All Terrain"

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    67 Pontiac 2+2 CV Mariner Turq

Range rovers ugly inside and out. What's with the beltline up looking like pacer?

b4z
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 Pontiac GTO M6 QSM/ black

GM uses the same pigmented leather whether it is a $45k tahoe or a $70 k escalade. It is not until you move up to the higher trim escalades do you get semi aniline dyed leather.

YEH
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

While differentiation if good (and long overdue), it is more impt. to make sure the exterior and interior of the Escalade are quite diff. from any other of GM's SUVs than for there to be a differentiation btwn Chevy and GMC (the differentiation btwn Chevy and GMC doesn't have to be as drastic/all encompassing).

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

I asserted this initially when I realized that the truck interiors were identical, and I correctly surmised that GM stopped building two truck interiors so that the SUV's would receive greater differentiation.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Impala LTZ "Nancy"

Clearly creating 5 different interiors is too inconvenient for one of the largest auto companies in the world.
    www.basilonestopshop.com
    Basil One-Stop Shop BBM Channel: C00120B93
    Basil One-Stop Shop BBM Customer Service Chat Available

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Chevy and GMC need to be different - you could make Chevy the weekend / home owner truck and the GMC the work truck / contractors/snow plowers or the other way around does not mater but need there own label

Thanks

With the demise of the Cadillac EXT there will no longer be a Cadillac pickup truck. Any thoughts on addressing this issue?

Thanks

Both Ford and Dodge have differentiated their trucks and SUV's inside and out from each other...GM's late to the game
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 164k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 90k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455/7.5L, Quadrajet, dual exhaust. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday.

'87 BMW K75. Pichler V1 fairing. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. 3.0L OMC. Restored. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. Twin 327QA's. Basketcase but restoration in progress. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV. 13 hp Honda swap.

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z/28orss View Post
    the escalade interior

Tahoe

range rover ?

not sure if serious?
    Current Escalade interior looks better than Range Rover --- Never a good idea to put buttons/switches on the top surface of a console so they are always inadvertently being activated. Range Rover purchases (for U.S. highway use) requires more money than brains for those who put "exclusivity" above all else!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Mercedes-Benz C320 4Matic

Like Ford "differentiates" their high and low trims in trucks.
    Sit in a fancy F150 and a work F150. All they do is change the materials and colors.
    I got tired of waiting for GM to make a FWD convertible.

2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Sport Spyder
    2005 Mercedes-Benz C320 4Matic

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Sierra Denali, 2003 Yukon

Finally! I love this idea and was thinking that they were going to do this when I saw the 2014 interiors of the trucks. That interior is great for a truck, but not so much for an SUV buyer. Good job GM!
    REMEMBER GM - GOOD ENOUGH, ISN'T!!!

"We expect taxpayers will get back all the money my administration has invested in GM," Obama said.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information