GM Card Points: "All of Them, or $3000"

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GM Card Points: "All of Them, or $3000"

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Ming's Avatar
    Thanks

GM Card Points: "All of Them, or $3000"

I got this in my mailbox today and scanned it in. It's the deal I've been waiting for for my particular GM card that I know many here also have. Finally we can use all of our points on a good selection of GM cars, and up to $3,000 even on an Aveo (or G3, you know you want one)! I plan to visit a GM dealer this weekend. Maybe trade in the 2004 Safari for an Express. - Ming

GM Card Points:
    ALL OF THEM or $3000

USE ALL OF YOUR EARNINGS / USE UP TO $3,000 OF YOUR EARNINGS

As a special thank you to select Cardmembers, we've made it possible for you to use your Earnings ABOVE Redemption Allowances on the purchase or lease of one of 50 eligible, new GM vehicles. But only for a limited time.

Take a look at the eligible vehicle list below and decide if you'd like to use all of your Earnings on a new GM vehicle from the left column or $3,000 of your Earnings on a vehicle from the right column.

For example, you could use ALL of your Earnings on a 2009 Saturn OUTLOOK instead of its normal Redemption Allowance of $1,000. Or you could use $3,000 of your Earnings on a 2009 Chevy Malibu instead of its normal Redemption Allowance of $1,000. That's an extra $2,000 in savings! And there are more options in the list below.

Plus,you can COMBINE your Earnings with most current GM offers for additional savings. Visit gm.com/currentoffers for more information.
    All of this is a great way to get into a new GM vehicle faster. And there's never been a better time to buy!

For 2009, GM offers 19 models with an EPA estimated 30 MPG highway or better.That's more than Toyota and more than Honda. GM also offers the Best Coverage in America on almost every model1 — a comprehensive 100,000-Mile/5-YearTransferable Powertrain Limited Warranty (whichever comes first) that is backed by the U .5. government if you buy between March 30 and July 31,2009.

Don't miss your chance to take advantage of this offer, reserved only for select Cardmembers. Head to your local GM Dealer today with your exclusive Bonus Earnings Code — it's located to the right in your Earnings box And remember, the opportunity to use more of your Earnings is good between May 28 and June 30,2009.

From all of us at GM Card, thankyou for your loyalty.

Source: Customer Letter

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: GM Card Points: "All of Them, or $3000"

If you're wondering what the big deal is, and still have a very old GM card that had no redemption allowances -- for years I've complained that the full benefit of the GM card with 5% earnings only applied to big trucks, SUVs and otherwise fuel inefficient or luxury cars (and high volume consumer vehicles, usually it didn't apply to vehicles like the Express/Savana) --- or to people who only accrued up to $1000 or so before trading in for a new car. Smaller trucks like the Colorado/Canyon were capped at $1000 or $1500 if you were lucky, and sedans or small cars were often capped similarly while SUV redemption allowances were generally double or triple that.

So in a nutshell you can get an Avalanche-sized redemption of yesterday on an HHR today. Not a big deal if you have $300 on your GM Card. A big deal if you have a lot saved up and don't want a Suburban.
    Last edited by Ming; 05-28-2009 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks
    My Ride
    08 Malibu LT2 V6

Mite help move some cars.

Imagine if you had $10K in points, that could be a sweet deal on a car.

Thanks

I'll be watching my mailbox, but based on all the other double secret promotions I never seem to get, I won't hold my breath. Of course, I've been fully expecting the ~$2800 I have to go *poof* anyway since GM doesn't really make anything that I both A) can use, B) can justify, and C) can afford.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dindak View Post
    Mite help move some cars.

Imagine if you had $10K in points, that could be a sweet deal on a car.
    You'd nearly walk away with a Pontiac G5. Probably could walk away with a G5 if you had an old Pontiac to trade in. ($1,000 customer loyalty cash) Not bad at all. Same goes for a Cobalt if you own a Chevy for that extra $1K.

Quote Originally Posted by 377Z View Post
    I'll be watching my mailbox, but based on all the other double secret promotions I never seem to get, I won't hold my breath. Of course, I've been fully expecting the ~$2800 I have to go *poof* anyway since GM doesn't really make anything that I both A) can use, B) can justify, and C) can afford.
    Yes, there is a "code" you need to show your dealer in my mail. I hope you get yours, too.
    Last edited by Ming; 05-28-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks

It is interesting how the GM Card works with redemption allowances being raised for some people but not others seemingly at random. I wish they had this deal going when I got my G8, would have been an even sweeter deal.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member zete's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish they'd offer that up here.

Thanks

Timing is everything. Bought my G8 GXP two weeks ago tomorrow. Since then they have added a $1K loyalty bonus and today in my mail a top off on my World Card to $2K. Would have saved me $1700 on the GXP.
    30 Year Customer of the Old GM
    Never to be a Customer of the New GM
    Long Live Pontiac

Banned
    Thanks

simply more of the same old crap from the Ren Cen idiots.

doing the same things and expecting different results?

someone needs to toss LaNaive out the door ASAP.

Thanks

I got a $2k top off on the same vehicle list - I have the old card though
    ------------
    Goochman

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
    2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
    2014 Ford Explorer Limited

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 genjy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buickman View Post
    someone needs to toss LaNaive out the door ASAP.
    No kidding.

LaNeve should have been fired along with Wagoner.

GM is still infested.

Thanks

I can use all of my points, all $4K of them now. So what's this all about? Must be that new card. Of course, with the old card, you can build up $4K then have a neighbor with $500 get topped off to your same $4K, because the marketing research says they buy fewer cars. I know guys who buy cars all the time on using their card, but their wives have a card that gets little use and, thus, gets topped off. It's a pretty shady system the GM Card runs.

The Soon To Be Independent Country Of Tejas
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2015 4x4 Burb LTZ/2013 IS-F

I'll be watching my mailbox, but based on all the other double secret promotions I never seem to get, I won't hold my breath.
    Exactly...I have NEVER gotten any of the double up or pull ahead offers on our GM card...been a member for 12+ years and have put over $ 150,000 on it.

I expect my earning to disappear in a POOF
    Brake. Apex. Accelerate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adplusone View Post
    Exactly...I have NEVER gotten any of the double up or pull ahead offers on our GM card...been a member for 12+ years and have put over $ 150,000 on it.

I expect my earning to disappear in a POOF
    As I said above, I think if you use your card and have bought some cars, you're less likely to get any extra promos. I bought a 2004 GTO, the same day a co-worker bought one using a GM Card promo with a $5K top off -- on his wife's card that had almost no rebate points. So here we were, same car, he paid $5K less. It alienates the more loyal buyers. The folks running the GM Card show are idiots.

As for losing points in the current environment? I don't think it'll happen, because they sold the card to HSBC and likely paid up the points when the business was sold. If they pulled the points now, when they're selling squat, it'd be pretty dumb.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    You'd nearly walk away with a Pontiac G5. Probably could walk away with a G5 if you had an old Pontiac to trade in. ($1,000 customer loyalty cash) Not bad at all. Same goes for a Cobalt if you own a Chevy for that extra $1K.

Yes, there is a "code" you need to show your dealer in my mail. I hope you get yours, too.
    Got home & it was in the mail. Currently my daily drivers are well sorted; I'll have to look at what I can work in terms of a deal for the spare car, but most likely that would mean my beloved 157K '98 Explorer will have to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rngr07 View Post
    It is interesting how the GM Card works with redemption allowances being raised for some people but not others seemingly at random. I wish they had this deal going when I got my G8, would have been an even sweeter deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAMark View Post
    Timing is everything. Bought my G8 GXP two weeks ago tomorrow. Since then they have added a $1K loyalty bonus and today in my mail a top off on my World Card to $2K. Would have saved me $1700 on the GXP.
    I must admit, if I were in your positions, it'd REALLY burn my a ss.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information