GM Card Offering $500 & $750 Extra Bonus Earnings - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GM Card Offering $500 & $750 Extra Bonus Earnings

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Ming's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: GM Card Offering $500 & $750 Extra Bonus Earnings

Quote Originally Posted by Rob052067
    To clarify: There are two different programs going on right now:

One offer (the $500-$750 bonus) is for the 'Extended Family' GM card, includes Saturn and Saab purchases.
    http://gmcard.com/bonus750/

The other offer (the $1,000-$1,500 bonus) is for the standard GM Card - either the old blue cards with annual earnings limits but no redemption limits, or the newer cards with no annual earnings limits but with pre-set redemption limits. With the standard cards, you cannot combine earnings rebates with supplier or employee discounts. The standard cards do not include Saturn or Saab purchases.
    http://gmcard.com/bonus1500/
    Awesome, thanks for the clarification. I've heard about the Extended Family card, but I still have the old "standard" one.

I'd gladly switch if I could carry over my points and have access to more model choices.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 Pontiac-Custom-S's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ming
    Awesome, thanks for the clarification. I've heard about the Extended Family card, but I still have the old "standard" one.

I'd gladly switch if I could carry over my points and have access to more model choices.
    I just got off the phone with the GM Card people, apparently you can switch to the GM Extended Family card. The reason it's lower ($500 - $750) than the others according to them, is because you can use your points on all GM models where on the others you can't.

1969 Pontiac Custom-S, Assembled at the Baltimore, Maryland Assembly Plant
    2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT (AWD), Assembled at the Ingersoll, Ontario Assembly Plant
    2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP, Assembled at the Oshawa, Ontario Car Assembly Plant #2

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Just got the GM Card packet/cd with the $500-$1000 bonus earnings offer. Unfortunately, I just used $1K GM Card Earnings last month when I got my SSR and currently only have $361 in earnings left and don't really need to purchase another vehicle at this point as I bought 4 GM Vehicles last year.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Rob052067's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ming

You can switch to the Family card and transfer your points, but they transfer at a 1 for 5 ratio. The Family card only pays 1% because it can be used in conjunction with the Employee or Supplier discount programs.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 91Saturn
    I received the same offer ($1000/$500). It's interesting that they've apparently got at least three different bonus schemes going ($750/$500, $1000/$500, $1500/$1000). Of course, some GM cardholders have received no bonus at all this year. There must some method to the madness, but I'm not sure what it is.
    I called to see what the deal is with these. The customer service rep said that it was completely random which cardholders got offers and which didn't. And wouldn't you know it, I'm part of the group who gets no bonus. I really could use that for my new acadia.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Rob052067's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tdrumm
    I called to see what the deal is with these. The customer service rep said that it was completely random which cardholders got offers and which didn't. And wouldn't you know it, I'm part of the group who gets no bonus. I really could use that for my new acadia.
    Random? That sucks! How can they give some cardholders discounts and not others. Sounds a little illegal, or at least discriminatory, to me...

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob052067
    Random? That sucks! How can they give some cardholders discounts and not others. Sounds a little illegal, or at least discriminatory, to me...

Yeah, I'm pretty mad. $1500 goes a long way.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information