GM Inside News Forum banner

GM Announces Senior Leadership Changes

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  70W30 
#1 ·
Customer-facing touch points consolidated for greater consistency.
GM
November 20, 2014

DETROIT – General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) today announced a series of leadership changes to continue its evolution into a stronger, more customer-centric organization.

“We understand that we have to earn our customers’ trust and loyalty, and that every interaction matters,” CEO Mary Barra said. “The vehicle purchase is just the start. We intend to earn customers for life by delivering exceptional quality and customer care, and these changes put us on a path to achieving that.”

Full article available at link.

See less See more
#15 · (Edited)
Listen Ladies and Gentlemen the Ultra V8 program is on the shelf. R&D just does not disappear, so they will be ahead of the game in the product cycle. Also GM has a Baby Dura-max rumored/possibly confirmed to be 4.5L in displacement. I would stick the baby D-Max right into the CT6 or CT7 or CT* when they arrive with some tweaking. This was the original plan set out by Bob Superior Lutz. He knew that once GM was able to shed the Gov't Shares and become a detached from them they would need some programs ready to fire back up. This plan is 5-6 years late, however there was a plan and now they have the money to further develop on what was already researched. Bob Lutz should be hailed as a saint because he was a visionary and looked 10 years into the future(My opinion). He left GM with enough R&D and a product road map to get it to the second phase of rebirth on a budget. Now that some budgetary constraints are lifted we will see the greatest turnaround in Automobile history from Cadillac and GM a a whole. Bob new he could not get it all done so instead of hitting some singles and a few doubles he invested in a home run. In this case it was an inside the park home run which is the Chevy Volt. Hindsight is 20/20 but foresight is 20/15.

With the new cpu power they can now tweak the ultra v8's and dura-max baby using software much like the new LT-1/Eco-tec3.

I am very excited to see what happens in the next few months/year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.