GM Inside News Forum banner

Car Magazine. XE vs 4 Series and C Class.

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  BBDOS CV8 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Funny how they complain about the Jag's bland styling on China AND the USA!

Of the Jag and Merc I myself would pick the Jag just because the Mercedes doesn't look good from most angles, flat out awkward sometimes. To me part of luxury is no-compromise style, the Merc's style is compromised.

And I hadn't realized the Merc has a column shift. I supposed for some on GMI that will be the hallmark of saying "I'm luxury" and should applaud Mercedes for being true to its roots. Yet GM does it on the Escalade and it is tacky.

#11 ·
And I hadn't realized the Merc has a column shift. I supposed for some on GMI that will be the hallmark of saying "I'm luxury" and should applaud Mercedes for being true to its roots. Yet GM does it on the Escalade and it is tacky.
Trollolololololol. Seriously?

I don't like column shifters personally, but the Escalade's shifter is ripped straight from a 1500 pickup:

You genuinely think that the one in the Escalade isn't tacky and out of place?

Not only is it tacky and out of place, but it's downright unacceptable for something as expensive as an Escalade.

#8 ·
'Angry' headlights? Check. Amorphous grille shapes? Check. 3-port lower fascias with huge gaping outer holes? Check. 5-spoke rims? Check. Unimaginative LED treatments? Check. Sigh? Check. ;)

BMW gets older & older looking as other brands move stylistically forward. Oh; not these other two, but some. ;)

#14 ·
MB's shifter certainly looks very cheap. Why is the 'window' in it so amorphously shaped, does anything show up in the left-hand 50% of it or is that lens taken from the parts bin of another model?

No doubt there are many who believe that MB shifter has NO PLACE being in a car of that price tier and marketed image.

#20 ·
The jags hot looking ....compared to the other two. A personal perspective for sure but since we are giving opinions as a whole.

The jaguar wins the comparo..

Doesn't matter though as BMW subsidized lease rates will in a sales race crush the jaguar...in America at least.

#22 ·
It doesn't matter while Jag will never be able to build enough to challenge the 3 or C in the sales stakes - even though their new plants are doubling their production capacity, they cannot even make enough XEs to challenge the 3 in Europe, if they sent all of them there!. I think they will be very happy if - as appears - they cannot keep up with demand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.