Asian Brands Dominate Ward’s 10 Best Interiors - XTS and Spark recognized

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asian Brands Dominate Ward’s 10 Best Interiors - XTS and Spark recognized

Thanks

Asian Brands Dominate Ward’s 10 Best Interiors - XTS and Spark recognized

Asian Brands Dominate Ward’s 10 Best Interiors
    Ward's Auto
    April 15, 2013
    by Tom Murphy

With finely executed sedans and cross/utility vehicles that are new to the market this year, Asian auto makers secure seven spots among this year’s Ward’s 10 Best Interiors.

WardsAuto editors selected the top passenger compartments after spending February and March evaluating 46 vehicles that are all-new or feature significantly upgraded interiors. The winners will be recognized during a special ceremony at the WardsAuto Interiors Conference to be held May 22 at The Henry hotel in Dearborn, MI.

This year’s winners:

• Acura RDX ($40,315)
    • Cadillac XTS ($64,695)
    • Chevrolet Spark ($15,795)
    • Hyundai Santa Fe Sport ($35,925)
    • Kia Forte ($25,515)
    • Lexus GS 450h ($68,139)
    • Mazda6 ($31,490)
    • Nissan Pathfinder ($44,395)
    • Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn ($55,390)
    • Toyota Avalon ($42,449)

The Cadillac XTS fullsize sedan earns its place with a thoroughly modern and intuitive HMI, the Cadillac User Experience, which can be voice-activated and integrates an adjustable head-up display that encourages drivers to keep their eyes on the road. CUE is being applied across the Cadillac range, with good reason.

All this state-of-the-art communications technology hardly overshadows the sumptuous 2-tone “Jet Black with Light Wheat” color scheme, punctuated by delightfully original accent stitching and beautiful ambient lighting that reaches out to younger buyers who are crucial to Cadillac’s ongoing success.

General Motors’ other award-winner this year stands as a polar opposite to the XTS. The Chevrolet Spark, developed in South Korea, is all about fun and function. Decked out in unforgettable “Jalapeno Green” inside and out, the Spark is bound to be that first new car for a lot of young buyers – one they will remember fondly.

Full article at link.
    Last edited by ne_one; 04-15-2013 at 06:09 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Canada Editor Premium Member ne_one's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Asian Brands Dominate Ward’s 10 Best Interiors - XTS and Spark recognized

Kudos to the designers responsible for the Spark's interior.

Pretty strong testament to what they were able to achieve with the least expensive vehicle on the list - $10,000 less than the next closest priced honoree.

Thanks
    My Ride
    a car

While I see pride that the winners might have in their win, this is one of those meaningless awards

Thanks

The Mazda 6 interior is genuinely awful, led by the cheap and ancient looking radio head unit. The RDX is questionable. No respect here for whoever chose that list!

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Terrain Denali, White

Quote Originally Posted by mchicha View Post
    While I see pride that the winners might have in their win, this is one of those meaningless awards
    Disagree. VERY meaningful. Wasn't that long ago no GM interior would have made it to the top 50. MAJOR progress on interior design.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) megeebee's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this really THAT good?

Thanks

RDX and Avalon dont belong on any top ten list other than car most likely to bore you into a coma.....

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevy Malibu 2011 silver 2.4L

One I have to disagree with them on is the Toyota Avalon in the area of the dash design. I don't find the look very appealing.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member vanshmack's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yamahr1 View Post
    The Mazda 6 interior is genuinely awful, led by the cheap and ancient looking radio head unit. The RDX is questionable. No respect here for whoever chose that list!
    I'd hardly call the Mazda6 cabin awful. True, the materials are not top-quality, but the layout is clean, intuitive and stylish, but without being weird like the Hyundai/Kia entries. I would give it second place in the midsize class, with only the new Accord being better.

I definitely prefer the 6's interior over the Malibu and Fusion.
    Last edited by vanshmack; 04-15-2013 at 09:00 PM.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you have an electrical problem.
    2006 Impala SS: The high-mileage beater.
    2002 Camaro Z28 (M6); 484 RWHP/418 RWTQ. LQ4 block, LS3 heads and intake, LT headers, and enough cam.
    2009 Saturn VUE XE AWD

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Usually Wards is above board but this article is questionable in many ways.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar LetsRace's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Grand Prix GT

RDX? Lol that is the funniest thing I've seen in all day. And the Pathfinder?? It looks good but when you get closer you see that everything is hard plastic. It put me off immediately when I took one on a test drive.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

How many of you have actually sat in an RDX? It may not be the most flamboyant interior design but materials are soft and high quality, layout is clean, and it's well put together. For the price it's a great interior I found quality wise.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    How many of you have actually sat in an RDX? It may not be the most flamboyant interior design but materials are soft and high quality, layout is clean, and it's well put together. For the price it's a great interior I found quality wise.
    I have been in the RDX, and it in some ways feels as if it's closer to the CRV now than the previous RDX was. The RDX is matched or easily shaded in aesthetic appeal, and materials quality by many of its competition.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar LetsRace's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Grand Prix GT

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    I've been in the new RDX an while is not bad quality it's not a 10 best interior car. Very boring design honestly. And yes the previous RDX really felt like a more Acura this one is more Honda.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Most of these use tons of cheap plastic. Apparently material quality wasn't a consideration

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information