GM Inside News Forum banner

Amazon Takes On Edmunds: You Can Now Rate Your Vehicle & More

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Citation84 
#1 ·
Automotive News eMail Alert
Access: (Enter "Amazon Vehicles" at the Amazon search box).
August 25, 2016

Amazon, in its latest move into the automotive space, is getting into the vehicle research business.

The online retailer today launched Amazon Vehicles, a car research portal where consumers can view vehicle-detail pages and reviews of thousands of new and classic cars, while being able to upload photos and videos of their own rides.

Those who upload their vehicles can interact with the Amazon Vehicles community by answering questions about their cars, the company said.

While Amazon is synonymous with online shopping, the new research portal isn’t stepping into vehicle transactions just yet. But it houses information one would expect to see on third-party shopping sites such as Cars.com and Autotrader.

Amazon’s vehicle detail pages have sections that break down “model changes,” “model strengths” and “model value.” The pages also include an extensive “model overview” that summarizes vehicle features.
Reviews of the 2016 Chevy Malibu at Amazon:

Top Customer Reviews
4.0 out of 5 starsLots of unexpected bells and whistles
By J. Milbrandt on May 10, 2016
I recently leased a 2016 Chevy Malibu 1LS and though I was reluctant to step back into a sedan after driving a van for the last ten years, I am impressed with how well appointed this mid level Malibu is. Touch screen monitor, blue tooth, 17" wheels, WiFi, backup camera, 8 way power seat and steering wheel mount controls making everything ergonomic and not distracting. I wish a remote starter was included as my wife's mid level Cruze does have that option and living in the Northeast that is an attractive option for about 5 months a year. When my lease is up I will upgrade to a 7 passenger SUV but for the next 47 months this Malibu will do the job
1 Comment One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
Report abuse
5.0 out of 5 starsGreat Car
By Erica on August 2, 2016
I just purchased this new car June 16th. I absolutely love this car. Roomy, sporty. It has a lot of great technology extras like apple carplay and android auto. My chevy link is great. I have a backup camera which I love. I have a wifi hotspot my daughter can use on her ipod. I can go on and on about the bells and whistles.Onstar is fabulous. I get a lot of compliments on this vehicle.
Comment Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
Report abuse
5.0 out of 5 starsGreat car!
By Tracy on June 14, 2016
I love everything about this car! I have the Malibu LT and for the price it has so many extras! I've had mine almost a year and have had no problems with it at all.
Comment One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
Report abuse
5.0 out of 5 starslove it gets good gas mileage his a lot leg ...
By Angel L.Camilo on May 31, 2016
love it gets good gas mileage his a lot leg room quick responds well build car .1.5 trubo has plenty of pep good job chevy. I would tell anybody get this car.
Yes
No
Report abuse
5.0 out of 5 starsluxury/sporty
By lightitup77 on June 6, 2016
I've got an LT with Premier options. Loving it!
Yes
No
Report abuse

#2 ·
Boom. Amazon strikes again: Lunch discussion at Edmunds.com is "Why didn't we go public last year?'

A quick search shows the vehicle information may be from autotrader.com. Not positive.

Any predictions on WHEN, not IF, Amazon will some how, some way begin to retail vehicles, or vehicle services? Look at their new agreement with Hyundai.

At least delivery will be "free" with my Prime membership.

Seriously - This is a big move. Let's see where they take it.

#7 ·
Boom. Amazon strikes again: Lunch discussion at Edmunds.com is "Why didn't we go public last year?'

A quick search shows the vehicle information may be from autotrader.com. Not positive.

Any predictions on WHEN, not IF, Amazon will some how, some way begin to retail vehicles, or vehicle services? Look at their new agreement with Hyundai.

At least delivery will be "free" with my Prime membership.

Seriously - This is a big move. Let's see where they take it.

Me likes free!

Oh! I remember that!:001_huh: I've posted there, back in the cro magnon era. It makes the crickets that chirp when Watters asks some space cadet what HDRC's accomplishments are sound like the London Philharmonic, in comparison.

Great!
I'll be sure not to visit.
You will sure not miss one damned thing.

Reactions: dslay04
#4 ·
Awesome. I hope they put Edmunds out of business.
I've been pissed at them since of their supposed "impartial" mods called GM "Government Motors" on Inside Line.
I didn't get banned but basically told the goof that they should fire his ass on the spot.

Actually I should've gone ahead and got banned because I haven't posted anything there since.
Do they even have a forum anymore?

#12 ·
Edmunds was one of the first places I went to when I bought my CTS in May of 2002. The Cadillac (CTS) group was great and included the GM engineer responsible for the CTS.

Little by little, the trolls came in and everyone that mattered left Edmunds. I still see a few here at GMI and in Facebook, but I can't remember the last time I was there or even cared to go there.

#15 ·
So when I get the wrong vehicle delivered to my door I get to deal with Amazon customer service?

Yeah.......No.

I would much rather have company location where I can deal with one person, plus have service done. Not that I am in favor of the current crappy franchise model, mind you.

#17 ·
Spent quite awhile there after I read about it here on GMI. Should be fascinating as it grows. May be one of my 5 or 6 regularly visited sites, most of them automotive, if there's a forum as well. I didn't check, but started looking at reviews from users and got lost for awhile. When I came to I was back in my shack in Kansas.

But GMI will always be part of the tight core of 2 or 3 that I visit daily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.