4 GM brands place in top 5 of their categories in J.D. Power 2012 Sales Satisfaction

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4 GM brands place in top 5 of their categories in J.D. Power 2012 Sales Satisfaction

GMI Canada Editor Premium Member ne_one's Avatar
    Thanks

4 GM brands place in top 5 of their categories in J.D. Power 2012 Sales Satisfaction

Lexus, Mini are tops in sales satisfaction again, Power survey shows
    Automotive News
    November 28, 2012
    by Jesse Snyder

Consumers are increasingly satisfied with the auto-buying experience, with Lexus repeating as the top-rated luxury brand and Mini again pacing mass-market brands in the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Sales Satisfaction Index Study released today.

For the second straight year, Lexus was the top-rated luxury brand with a 737 score. Infiniti was the biggest gainer of all brands at 728, up 52 points from a year ago and moving from No. 8 in 2011 to second this year.

Cadillac, Lincoln, Porsche and Mercedes-Benz round out the next four spots, scoring above the luxury average of 716.

Mini topped the mass-market brand list for a third straight year with a 712 score.

Buick was No. 2 and GMC was third as General Motors placed all three of its mass-market brands in the top five. Fiat was No. 4 and Subaru tied with Chevrolet for fifth.

Full article at link.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Re: 4 GM brands place in top 5 of their categories in J.D. Power 2012 Sales Satisfact

Now if they could only be in the top 5 for ownership satisfaction

Thanks
    My Ride
    96 Viper GTS/11 MINI Cooper S

Re: 4 GM brands place in top 5 of their categories in J.D. Power 2012 Sales Satisfact

I've purchased a LOT of new GM vehicles. That is outstanding news to see GM doing well in the initial sales satisfaction!!!! But, I have also purchased -one- new MINI. Holy cow, guys. The car is my wifes. Its a neat little car and all, but you guys HAVE to go to your local MINI dealer and just talk to the staff. It is the COOLEST ownership experience I've ever had. Just go to the web site and build a MINI to get an idea! That is what we did! Its funny! Its silly! Its....cool. We then took that info and talked to a sales guy at MINI. There was a MINI parked out front with a thing on it that made it look like a giant christmas ornament! My wife fell in love. We walk inside, and there is a MINI mounted to the ceiling upside down with its lights on. The entire building looks like a New York fashion house. The service area waiting room is all black with big stand up old arcade machines (free to play). Sewell MINI of Plano Texas. I keep saying I wish GM would send someone to go BUY a MINI, own it, and have it serviced. Incredible experience all the way around.
    Toyota--The Official Vehicle of Terrorist Everywhere

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 1.21 giggawatts's Avatar
    Thanks

wow, VW is doing much better.
    strange things are afoot at the circle k.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Pontiac G6X Coupe

Headlines like this are meaningless ... its "word of mouth" from happy buyers that will build successfull dcealership experiences

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    07 Corvette Convertible-Cruze

Quote Originally Posted by JeffInDFW View Post
    I've purchased a LOT of new GM vehicles. That is outstanding news to see GM doing well in the initial sales satisfaction!!!! But, I have also purchased -one- new MINI. Holy cow, guys. The car is my wifes. Its a neat little car and all, but you guys HAVE to go to your local MINI dealer and just talk to the staff. It is the COOLEST ownership experience I've ever had. Just go to the web site and build a MINI to get an idea! That is what we did! Its funny! Its silly! Its....cool. We then took that info and talked to a sales guy at MINI. There was a MINI parked out front with a thing on it that made it look like a giant christmas ornament! My wife fell in love. We walk inside, and there is a MINI mounted to the ceiling upside down with its lights on. The entire building looks like a New York fashion house. The service area waiting room is all black with big stand up old arcade machines (free to play). Sewell MINI of Plano Texas. I keep saying I wish GM would send someone to go BUY a MINI, own it, and have it serviced. Incredible experience all the way around.
    You didn't give any real good reason why the Mini is so cool. When I look at one, all I see is the hype for this car is not realistic. I rather buy a nice American car who's servicing won't make you broke.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    15Soul+ Yellow; 01 PT LTD

Quote Originally Posted by Al465 View Post
    You didn't give any real good reason why the Mini is so cool. When I look at one, all I see is the hype for this car is not realistic. I rather buy a nice American car who's servicing won't make you broke.
    Cool is cool. You know.

15Soul 13Charger 13Soul 11V6200 07GPGXP 07Spectra 95LHS 04Imp 03Accord 02Regal 02cordV6 01cord 99GolfTDi 98Concorde 97Concorde 97HXCiv 96Concorde 95trep 94Protege 92SHO 93Protege 92P50Taurus

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly. --John F. Kennedy

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Tre-Tre's Avatar
    Thanks

Great job on GM's part it certainly could have been worse. They just need to keep it rolling.

Thanks

Mini?

never heard a guy call a mini "cool" that also had a wife.
    Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al465 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by M_RABID View Post
    Mini?

never heard a guy call a mini "cool" that also had a wife.
    It wasn't really the car itself he was talking about...

"Here's to Mr. Iacocca and his failed experiment, the DeLorean!" - The Office

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC neuronbob's Avatar
    Thanks

I just ordered a new Cadi V wagon, 6MT, to replace my current V sedan, and the sales experience at the selling dealership has been exemplary, down to weekly emails about the status of my car. I'm on the downward slope....been at 3400 since last week.

I am SOOO excited.

The only thing that would make the sales experience better for me right now is if GM Connects actually worked. It doesn't.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Cruze LTZ, 2012 S60 T6

All that smells of a 200$ oil change.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information