GM Inside News Forum banner

4 GM brands place in top 5 of their categories in J.D. Power 2012 Sales Satisfaction

4K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  mr_raider 
#1 ·
Lexus, Mini are tops in sales satisfaction again, Power survey shows
Automotive News
November 28, 2012
by Jesse Snyder

Consumers are increasingly satisfied with the auto-buying experience, with Lexus repeating as the top-rated luxury brand and Mini again pacing mass-market brands in the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Sales Satisfaction Index Study released today.

For the second straight year, Lexus was the top-rated luxury brand with a 737 score. Infiniti was the biggest gainer of all brands at 728, up 52 points from a year ago and moving from No. 8 in 2011 to second this year.

Cadillac, Lincoln, Porsche and Mercedes-Benz round out the next four spots, scoring above the luxury average of 716.

Mini topped the mass-market brand list for a third straight year with a 712 score.

Buick was No. 2 and GMC was third as General Motors placed all three of its mass-market brands in the top five. Fiat was No. 4 and Subaru tied with Chevrolet for fifth.

Full article at link.

See less See more
#3 ·
I've purchased a LOT of new GM vehicles. That is outstanding news to see GM doing well in the initial sales satisfaction!!!! But, I have also purchased -one- new MINI. Holy cow, guys. The car is my wifes. Its a neat little car and all, but you guys HAVE to go to your local MINI dealer and just talk to the staff. It is the COOLEST ownership experience I've ever had. Just go to the web site and build a MINI to get an idea! That is what we did! Its funny! Its silly! Its....cool. We then took that info and talked to a sales guy at MINI. There was a MINI parked out front with a thing on it that made it look like a giant christmas ornament! My wife fell in love. We walk inside, and there is a MINI mounted to the ceiling upside down with its lights on. The entire building looks like a New York fashion house. The service area waiting room is all black with big stand up old arcade machines (free to play). Sewell MINI of Plano Texas. I keep saying I wish GM would send someone to go BUY a MINI, own it, and have it serviced. Incredible experience all the way around.

#11 ·
I just ordered a new Cadi V wagon, 6MT, to replace my current V sedan, and the sales experience at the selling dealership has been exemplary, down to weekly emails about the status of my car. I'm on the downward slope....been at 3400 since last week.

I am SOOO excited.

The only thing that would make the sales experience better for me right now is if GM Connects actually worked. It doesn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.