GMI Adds New Staff
As GMI grows, so does its staff.
February 2, 2013
By: Nick Saporito
This week GMI would like to announce two new members to the staff that will be assisting the community going forward. Earlier this week we promoted nruggiero to Press Room moderator and news contributor to help in the speed and consistency of our syndicated news content. Today we also promoted long-time member Mr. Burns to a global moderator position. Both members have been big contributors to the site and we look forward to their contributions on the staff.
So why are we adding staff? Well, GMI's growth has been on the upswing as of late. For the last two consecutive months the site has broken all kinds of traffic records, with daily traffic sustaining at new, higher levels. The high traffic combined with an increasingly loyal membership within the forum has led to the need for additional hands on the staff.
Despite adding more staff, there will be no change in moderation policy. As I've mentioned previously, we have a largely hands-off moderating policy today and it appears to be working. Our staff is attempting to promote constructive through their own participation rather than ruling with an iron fist. So long as things continue to progress positively, this policy won't change.
Snapshot of GMI today:
- Traffic statistics that rival many general automotive websites.
- Increasing amounts of loyal, returning members to the forum.
- New relaxed moderating strategy is working - less than 10 non-spam account bannings last year.
- Record level of engagement from GM.
- Press fleet access spanning three countries on two continents.
- A return of the anecdotal "community feel" to the forum (